This well-established company specialises in mechanical and electrical engineering and has an extensive power and civil projects portfolio in Nigeria.
- Reporting in to the Senior Contracts Engineer, the Client is looking for a Heavy Duty Plant Mechanic to perform the maintenance and repairs of heavy plant machinery with limited or no supervision, in a highly skilled, safe, and professional manner.
- This position is for an initial 1 year-contract, a permanent or renewal contract can be offered upon completion of the initial contract.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and developing a team of mechanics.
- The position is based in Calabar and will require extensive travel to site.
Your key duties will include
- Maintaining and repairing heavy plant machinery.
- Inspecting and maintaining engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, electrical systems, tyres and outriggers.
- Carrying out MOT tests and licence inspections of HGV vehicles, if trained to do so.
- Managing, mentoring and developing the mechanics team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable Applicants
- With a minimum of 7 years experience post-apprenticeship, candidates must have experience of repairing and maintaining heavy vehicles and equipment.
- You will have working knowledge of JCB and Caterpillar equipment and will have experience working overseas.
- Candidates must hold a valid licence.
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is desirable but not essential.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale