Vacancy in a Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Company
Posted on: 23 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at WRS - Worldwide Recruitment Solutions
This well-established company specialises in mechanical and electrical engineering and has an extensive power and civil projects portfolio in Nigeria.
- Reporting in to the Senior Contracts Engineer, the Client is looking for a Heavy Duty Plant Mechanic to perform the maintenance and repairs of heavy plant machinery with limited or no supervision, in a highly skilled, safe, and professional manner.
- This position is for an initial 1 year-contract, a permanent or renewal contract can be offered upon completion of the initial contract.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for managing and developing a team of mechanics.
- The position is based in Calabar and will require extensive travel to site.
Your key duties will include
- Maintaining and repairing heavy plant machinery.
- Inspecting and maintaining engines, gearboxes, hydraulics, electrical systems, tyres and outriggers.
- Carrying out MOT tests and licence inspections of HGV vehicles, if trained to do so.
- Managing, mentoring and developing the mechanics team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Suitable Applicants
- With a minimum of 7 years experience post-apprenticeship, candidates must have experience of repairing and maintaining heavy vehicles and equipment.
- You will have working knowledge of JCB and Caterpillar equipment and will have experience working overseas.
- Candidates must hold a valid licence.
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa is desirable but not essential.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WRS - Worldwide Recruitment SolutionsSimilar Jobs
- Sales/Business Relations Officers at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Senior Corrossion Engineers at an Oil and Gas Company - Voke Engineering Services Limited
- Sales/Marketing Executives at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited
- Western Development Company Limited (WDCL) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Jobs at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
- PMC Construction Manager at Penspen Nigeria
- Technical Sales Manager at a Fast Growing Company
- Car Worshop Supervisor at AutoDoc Car Repairs