CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Job Location: Yunusari, Yusufari & Nguru
Position Type: Service Provider
Supervisor: Crop Production Officer
- Take lead in community sensitization, advocacy visits and mobilization of project participants.
- Participate in census, targeting, registration and validation of project participants.
- Monitor and report the progress of project activities in the field.
- Assist the project officers in running both communal and individual asset creation activities for livelihood.
- Participate in Blanket Supplementary Feeding and Cash Base Transfer in collaboration with nutrition health educator.
- Report to supervisor about any problems encountered within targeted community in relation to activities engaged.
- Assist the GBV complaint and feedback officer in reporting and resolving complaints.
- Track the daily progress of activities in targeted communities
- Ensure that activities are carried out correctly.
- Assist in establishing and coordinating the activities of the project steering community
- Participate in coordinating the activities of Project Management Committees (PMC).
- Propose measures, procedures, tools, and actions (etc.) that can contribute to the improvement of the quality of the projects and the procedures and Toolkit developed by the M&E Team
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by line manager.
Qualification, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of Secondary School qualification.
- Degree, Diploma or HND in any relevant field
- Previous experience in an organization setting or other local and international NGOs
- Proven technical skills and intellectual capacity
- Ability to work under pressure, with little or no supervision
- Ability to speak the local languages
- Community engagement strategy
- Past experience dealing with Save the Children
By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
go to method of application »
osition Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Project Manager)
The Cash Base Transfer Supervisor will be responsible of supervising, reporting, planning and organizing the processes of food distribution in the assigned LGAs
- Coordinate e-voucher redemption and managing all feedback from project participants
- Take a lead in targeting, SCOPE registration and card distribution to project participants
- Participate in developing action plans of food distribution and introduce proper alternatives and adjustments of processes in accordance with minimum requirements for food distribution
- Train, assign and evaluate the work of subordinate staff
- Support in monitoring the activities of vendors during food redemption
- Review, prepare, and submit daily reports as supplies and food delivered
- Manage crowd and ensure proper alignment of beneficiaries especially women and those of special needs
- Ensure food items in vendor’s shops are stored in good conditions
- Conduct on monthly basis price monitoring and periodic market assessments
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisors
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in related field
- Minimum 4 year of work experience
- Previous experience in food distribution supervisory field is preferable
- Ability to write reports
- Able to work outside of regular working hours as required, including evenings and weekends if required.
- Must be fluent in Hausa language
- Patience, good personal organization, good communication and ability to work in teams, seriously, rigorously and personal accountability
- Initiative, flexibility and willing to learn.
go to method of application »
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Nguru, Yobe State.
The Nutrition Officer will monitor and support the performance of nutrition activities. He/She will manage and train field level nutrition staff, performing on-going monitoring and support supervision, provide guidance to LGA partners on policy and methodology, program planning and staff capacity building. To coordinate the implementation of SAM, MAM and Infant and young child feeding practices and other nutrition programs.
- Assist the Program Manager to manage, train and develop the Nutrition team on nutrition screening and distribution
- Schedule the daily activities for Nutrition Community Mobilizers regarding screening, referral and follow up of SAM and MAM child under 5 years old.
- Ensure that Nutrition Data are reliable and correct
- Implement Infant Young Child Feeding messaging and care group mother model in both LGAs
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
- May represent CARE Nigeria in humanitarian coordination meetings, taskforces, clusters and technical working groups that are related to nutrition in emergency and recovery/resilience context.
- Given the stressful nature of Yobe security situation, which remains fluid and unpredictable and its high interpersonal and communication skills demands, the Nutrition Officer will need to be able to fit easily into a complex and highly operative team of various cultural backgrounds.
Qualifications & Experience Required Education:
- University degree in any of the following disciplines: Nutrition, Public Health or related field,
- At least 4 years of postgraduate professional experience in nutrition, public health, development, or food aid support
- Experience with survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant data analysis. Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Nutrition and/or Public Health
- Advanced computers skills at least intermediate skills in windows based word processing, spreadsheet and nutrition/public health software
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and organize own work plan
- Resourcefulness, initiative, maturity, tact, advocacy skills
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and public speaking skills
- Understanding of political dynamics, foreign policy decision making procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location (in Caps e.g. (FIELD MONITOR - YUNUSARI) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
CARE strongly encourage women to apply
Applicants must be residents of Yunusari, Yusufari and Nguru.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.