Driver at the Eye Foundation Hospital
Posted on: 18 November, 2019
Deadline: 23 November, 2019
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Eye Foundation Hospital
The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
Over the past 20 years, we have been helping with the fight against preventable blindness in Nigeria and West Africa, and have built partnerships with numerous organizations, various state governments and financial institutions. All of these with the aim of bringing better eye care to the poor, either through the Eye Foundation Hospital itself or it sister Charity hospitals- Deseret Community Vision Institute & Deseret Eye Center.
Reports To: Facility Manager/Hospital Service Manager
- To provide secure and timely driving services to transport passengers and/or goods.
- Deliver payment transfers to the bank and/or the suppliers, assist with postage and with pick up of office purchases, including flight tickets and any other tasks required by Head of Administration or his/her substitutes.
- Act as a backup for the Receptionist, assist with meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events and perform occasional handyman jobs inside the Office.
- Transport of staff, consumables and hospital equipment (Logistic Support)
- Provide transportation for Head of Office, other employees of EFH and visitors.
- Distribute mail as needed, both incoming and outgoing.
- Pick up flight tickets.
- Deliver correspondence and consumables to other branches.
- Facilitate airport pick-ups for VIP visitors and transportation during official visits
- Service vehicle maintenance management
- Schedule annual vehicle examination for service vehicles with the Transportation Department and apply for the renewal for the vehicle license.
- Determine when and what kind of maintenance the vehicle needs, keep track of general maintenance schedules, especially car tyre condition.
- Ensure sound running of the vehicles assigned and arrange minor repairs where necessary.
- Check oil and tyres properly and keep the service vehicles in clean condition, both inside and outside - Keep track of timely car insurance renewals
- Update monthly mileage records.
- Maintain log book of each service vehicle on daily basis.
- Act as back up for the Receptionist and as a messenger
- Act as a backup for the Receptionist during lunch hours and as needed by answering to the phone and taking care of visitor registration, incl. maintaining a register of incoming visitors.
- Support Administration Section as a messenger by assisting with the mail deliveries, both incoming and outgoing.
- Other tasks
- Assist with office and meeting room re-arrangement for various meetings/events.
- Occasional handyman jobs in the Office, such as hanging pictures and small office repairs.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of senior secondary school certificate is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a corporate driver.
- A soft Technical skill in electrical or Mechanical is an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s license is mandatory.
- Registration with LASDRI (Lagos State Drivers’ Institute) is mandatory
- Computer Savvy Skills
- Must be computer Literate
Skills and Competencies:
- Highly skilled in driving light and heavy vehicles.
- Competent at checking the vehicle for problems and performing pre/post trip maintenance tasks.
- Excellent driving record.
- Knowledge of city streets and addresses.
- Excellent GPS and navigation skills.
- Skilled in contacting passengers by phone and arrange the pick-up time.
- Talented in preparing and making the route in an efficient way.
- Known for demonstrating a high level of courtesy and professionalism to passengers and coworkers.
- Committed to helping passengers efficiently when loading and unloading their luggage.
- Well-versed in the cleaning of both the inside and outside of the vehicle.
- Proven record of picking up passengers and listening to their concerns.
- Able to give accurate and detailed information about routes and journey.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a secure environment for passengers and employer while in transit.
- Known for transporting passengers in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Adept at collecting fares.
- Thorough understanding of motor vehicle engine functionality.
- Effective skills in maintaining the log of mileage, the number of trips, passengers, and destinations.
- Familiar with all traffic laws and regulations.
- Ability to adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Special talent for interact with guests and clients in a respectful and amicable manner.
- Willing to work flexible schedule and locations.
- Capable of lifting heavy items.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Eye Foundation HospitalSimilar Jobs
- Application Specialist (Nurse) at Adcem Healthcare
- Latest Jobs at Newgate Medical Services Limited
- Medical Officer at The Lagos Executive Cardiovascular Clinic
- Medical Officer at Goodseed Specialist Clinics
- Latest Vacancies at First Cardiology Consultants (FCC)
- Job Openings at Westfield Consulting Limited
- Job Opportunities at ICAP
- Medical Jobs at Anadach Consulting Limited