Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- To be responsible for oversight and management of compliance issues within the Bank and ensure the Bank and its employees complies with internal policies and procedures in line with regulatory requirements.
- Develop an AML/CFT Compliance Program.
- Ensure Compliance requirements are integrated in the day to day activities of the bank and that processes are efficient and in accordance with applicable laws and policies.
- Ensure implementation of the bank’s AML/CFT compliance program.
- Ensure the implementation of Board decisions on Compliance matters.
- Receive and vet suspicious transaction reports from the staff.
- Ensure filing of Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs), Currency Transaction and Foreign Transaction Reports (CTRs & FTRs) and returns on Terrorism immediately with the NFIU.
- File other regulatory and statutory returns to the CBN and other regulators.
- Render “nil” reports (where necessary) to ensure compliance.
- Co-ordinate the regular training of staff in AML/CFT awareness, detection of suspicious transactions methods and reporting requirements.
- Serve both as a liaison officer with the CBN and NFIU, and a point of contact for all employees on issues relating to money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Ensure that regulatory changes are effectively implemented by the Bank
- Co-ordinate and oversee the activities of the Compliance Resource Officers
- University Degree in Business Administration, Law or any related course
- Masters and/or Professional certification such as Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years Cognate experience
- Ability to analyse the impact of monetary and fiscal policies, trade policies/pacts on the financial service industry
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Risk Assessment and reporting
- Good understanding of Laws and Regulations on anti-money laundering in Nigeria and globally
- Good understanding of Rules and Regulations applicable to the banking industry.
go to method of application »
The Group Chief Marketing Officer shall be responsible for generating publicity for, and goodwill towards, the group amongst key stakeholders while supporting business development efforts of each group company. The following specific responsibilities apply:
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of product marketing and communications plans on behalf of group companies.
- Oversee the formulation and execution of the corporate brand repositioning agenda for the holding company as well as corporate brand launch and positioning for all subsidiaries
- Oversee the formulation and execution of Investor branding strategies that provide global visibility, generate strong investor interest, and support aggressive fundraising.
- Oversee the formulation and execution of internal communications and employer branding strategies that foster alignment and attract talents.
- Ensure that the group’s brands are strong, respected, trusted and consistent and that the firm’s story is communicated in a creative and compelling way.
- Lead the creation, editorial planning, content development, visual presentation and production of internal and external messages across different communication channels.
- Build and nurture strategic relationships with key decision makers in the industry to generate enough good will and support for Group products and subsidiaries
- Leverage strategic relationships with decision makers to support strategic sales and business development efforts of group companies
- Rally stakeholders (staff, investors, talents, etc.) around respective brands and ensure brand standards are maintained across all channels
- Co-ordinate and oversee market research and data analysis required to generate industry statistics, detect trends, and extract relevant implications for product strategies
- Manage proactive and reactive media relations to generate and shape news coverage of the company.
- Oversee the planning, coordination, execution, and attendance of conferences, seminars, Fairs, exhibitions and any other events.
- Mange the company’s digital/social media presence and interactions via group company websites, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram.
- Active engagement in the achievement of Goals & Objectives in line with the company’s vision, mission and values relevant to responsibilities granted to you, which may be amended from time to time.
- A University degree in any field
- M.Sc, diploma or certificate in the areas of Public Relations, Marketing, Mass Communications, Journalism or related field will be an advantage
- Minimum of 7 years’ related work experience.
- International experience working with global brands in or out of Nigeria.
go to method of application »
- The Director, Project Finance will be directly responsible for originating, structuring and executing client projects and acquisitions, divestitures and financial advisory mandates.
- Responsible for business origination for the Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisition teams.
- Screen new projects, define project description & scope and conduct feasibility studies to determine the financial viability of new ventures projecting cash flow & growth opportunities.
- Evaluate capital investment proposals and calculation of project /dividend IRR’s, DSCR’s, Sensitivity analysis etc.
- Develop project plan and recommended deliverables and milestones.
- Prepare, Monitor and ensure cash flows, fund flows, Profitability Statements, IRRs, Payback periods, DSCRs, projected profitability and other financial parameters/ reports to analyse inflow / outflow of funds and profits/surplus resulting thereof.
- Coordination with Banks, financial Institutions and consultants to arrange syndication of and raise funds from various Financial institutions / Banks / lease finance companies.
- Manage all activities related to funding tie-up & financial closure, up to disbursement.
- Research into past transactions to identify pricing, debt levels, trends and best practice.
- Compile and prepare cost and performance reports as per cost accounting records rule (CARR), cost benefit analysis and critical analysis of cost reports; recommending necessary corrective actions.
- Conduct financial analysis of similar companies and/ or Projects for benchmarking ratios and performance tracking.
- Liaise closely with regional/ corporate finance function to ensure timely communication, compliance and consistency.
- Liaison with regulatory authorities for sanctions & approvals.
- Develop sector and product knowledge.
- Active involvement in the other Investment Banking team development activities.
- Set direction and manage day-to-day activities of team members.
- First Degree or its equivalent from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Post graduate or professional qualifications such as an MSc in Finance, MBA, CFA, or ACA.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant work experience in investment banking or consulting environment of which at least 3 years must have been spent in a management position.
go to method of application »
- S/he will work across key areas of corporate finance transactions (project finance, mergers, acquisitions and disposals, equity and debt capital markets) and strategic review work.
- S/he will be in charge of the business development of these key areas in African Francophone countries. Also he/she will assist the management to set up an office abroad to cover African Francophone activities.
- Originate and execute Investment Banking mandates across Africa with an emphasis on French speaking countries.
- Conduct detailed financial modeling, due diligence and valuation to develop business case for potential investment projects.
- Industry research and analysis
- Desktop analysis of businesses (financials, markets, products, competitors) and financial modeling.
- Contact prospective buyers and handle the bid process.
- Provide commercial input to legal documentation.
- Assist the team lead in the evaluation of complex structured transactions and advise on financial risks.
- Ensure the timely preparation of transaction documents.
- Draft advisory reports and presentations to clients.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance related discipline from a reputable institution.
- Professional certification or a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years in a similar capacity within a Financial Services environment.
- Fluent in oral and written French.
- Knowledge of Francophone Africa
go to method of application »
About the Role
Successful candidates will work alongside specialists, often in multi-disciplinary teams, helping to solve our clients’ most data intensive challenges using well established as well as cutting edge technologies. The scope of our work, which ranges from developing technical solutions to advising clients and helping them to proactively manage their own risks, means that you will find numerous opportunities to grow your own portfolio of skills and excel at what you do best. You are expected to contribute to the development of analytical or data modelling services to our clients’ internal stakeholders and external clients. In addition, your role will involve:
- Providing data analytics and modelling services through the use of software such as SQL, Python, Power BI to deliver meaningful insights by supporting all phases from development to implementation
- Development and delivery of innovative analytics solutions to support external clients’ requirements and the changing data landscape
- Working with audit teams to integrate analytics more deeply into the external audit approach, and with our clients to embed analytics into their business and culture
- Contributing to the team’s and Deloitte’s thought leadership and strategy in Risk Advisory
- Building and developing long term relationships with stakeholders across our clients’ organisations
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contributions
Depending on your level of experience, you may also be required to:
- Lead the delivery of analytical work leading a team/(s) of colleagues
- Scope the delivery of analytical projects and work closely with clients and other project stakeholders to understand their requirements
- Guide the review and analysis of large and disparate data sets and report back to clients and stakeholders on identified issues and anomalies
- Check the quality and accuracy of your team’s work and address risks as they arise
- Evaluate new technologies to expand the scope of the team’s work and improve its efficiency
- Leverage your skills and experience to identify and propose the development of new solutions to client problems
- Contribute to the firm’s talent agenda, manage and work effectively in diverse teams, and help to foster an inclusive culture
- Support the development of colleagues through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Contribute to or develop proposals and propositions for internal or external clients
- Bachelor's degree/HND holder with a minimum of second class upper degree/upper credit
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- At least 3 to 5 years’ cognate work experience
- Relevant certifications such as CISA will also be an added advantage
- Recent hands on experience in SQL to at least intermediate level and significant experience in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Database design and development (Microsoft SQL server preferred)
- Data loading and BI/ETL solutions (Microsoft SQL server preferred)
- Data analysis and modelling using standard tools (R, Python, RapidMiner)
- Big Data Processing (e.g. using Hadoop/Hive, PySpark)
- Experience in reporting and data visualisation using specialist tools (Power BI, Qlikview/sense, Tableau)
- Experience of working on complex data driven, analytical, data visualisation or modelling projects
- Strong scripting skills in Python or R
- Experience in applying statistical/predictive modelling techniques and machine learning algorithms (e.g. regression, clustering, decision trees) to develop solutions to client problems
- Track record of defining and delivering insightful analytical dashboards
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of your work by performing tests and preparing quality control documentation
- Track record of working with clients and building great relationships
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in a ‘Big 4’ will be an added advantage
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2019.
SALARIES OF DELOITTE EMPLOYEES CAN BE SEEN ON MYSALARYSCALE.COM
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.