Program Development Officer (PDO) at Chemonics International Inc.
Posted on: 22 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Chemonics International
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to.
Chemonics International, an international development company. seeks qualified candidates for an anticipated project funded through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This project will focus on community and youth engagement and conflict mitigation in northern and northeastern Nigeria. It is expected that the project will be based in Abuja. with a field office in northeastern Nigeria (to be determined). Chemonics seeks candidates who are passionate about
improving the lives of others with qualifications in the following fields:
- As the primary party responsible for the development of grant and technical assistance activities, the PDO will identify potential grantees through networking and outreach while developing grant concepts and activities.
- The PDO will prepare, present, and analyze grant concepts, applications, and grant agreement/award documents to ensure consistency with program objectives.
- The PDO will also support grant implementation and monitoring and evaluation activities.
- It is anticipated that PDOs will be located in both Abuja and in northeastern Nigeria.
- Bachelor's degree required. advanced degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years of demonstrated experience in project design, development, and management of relevant donor-funded community development projects. Ideally this will include experience in northern and/or northeastern Nigeria.
- Proven knowledge of local and international Non-Governmental Organizations and community-based organizations implementing relevanr activities.
- Knowledge of key governmental actors and stake holders, with an up-Io-date understanding of the political environment and social conditions at the national level and in northern and northeastern Nigeria.
Method of Application
Application Instructioas: Send your resume and salary history to the following address ChemonicsNigeriaOTI@gmail.com Please indicate your position of'interest in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Chemonics InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Programme Assistant (Cash Based Transfer) at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Human Resources Business Partner at Oxfam Nigeria
- Drivers at the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
- Administrative Officers at the War Against Chronic Diseases Initiative
- Field Workers at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- National Research Coordinator - Lassa Fever at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- Technical Specialist at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Job Vacancies at Options