GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and helping to cure the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
The VP, Power Project Finance will report to the Sales & Project Finance Leader for West Africa and will be responsible for structured & project financing, investments and driving the growth of the GE power business by applying multiple financial products & structures – project financing, corporate financing / lending, asset backed lending / leasing, trade finance, equity, mezzanine, sub-debt and PPP structuring in Nigeria and across West Africa
• Embedded within the GE Regional Commercial and Project Development teams to advise on development and project financing structures, which will include but not be limited to co-investment and co-development structures to fast track the implementation and financing of deals to drive orders growth
• Lead all financing aspects of a project during the project development cycle up to the structuring & deployment of development and long term capital in power infrastructure projects
• Analyze Credit and Market risks, lead the preparation of external documentation (Information Memos) and internal documentation (pricing models, credit requests and board papers); provide useful market intelligence for decision making, structuring and pricing in order to win transactions and clear market in our role as financial arrangers
• Coordinate and lead the external debt & equity financiers throughout the financing phase of projects
• Support GE engagement under the country strategic agreements (MOU - Memorandum of Agreement) with the Ministry of Power
• Develop close relations with a network of regional/local banks/financial Institutions & Investors and build a range of finance solutions
• Lead projects independently. Lead the underwriting efforts pulling in expertise from the global / regional GE sales & project finance teams (ECA, equity, structuring, etc.), functional teams in tax, accounting, legal and operations. Advise on and structure transactions where GE is taking direct investment risk; either on corporate or project finance basis or through investment vehicles
• MBA/MSc in Finance.
• Project financing, project development, investment banking, private equity background.
• Development Finance Institution (DFI) experience
• Demonstrated closed transactions (large IPPs in Nigeria)
• Deep financial modelling acumen
• Developed market experience
• Emerging markets and Africa experience
• Fluent in French
• Strong network with project finance, private equity, and financial services community in Africa and globally
• Deep project finance skills required
• Strong credit and underwriting skills required
• Experience in developing and financing of complex multi-party infrastructure projects
• Strong Project Management and integration skills
Experience in market/business development would be a key asset in order to lead market/opportunities sizing and scoping for deal origination purposes.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in the financial services industry
• Ability to execute and negotiate small and large, complex deals with different customer/risk profiles
• Self-starter & proactive. Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent skills to work cross functionally
• Flexile/adaptable – able to work with diverse group of people in a matrix environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.