Disease Intervention Officer (DIO) at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE)
Posted on: 12 November, 2019
Deadline: 26 November, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Or
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu.WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Rivers State Surge Project is being implemented by Institute of Human Virology of Nigeria (IHVN) in Rivers State. Funding for this project is from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDs Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Government Agency overseeing the project is US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- The major role of the Disease Intervention Officer is to manage emergency cases of orphans and vulnerable children households, affected and in affected household in 17 LGAs in Rivers State. S/he will (1). Atrengthen bidirectional relationships between communities and health facilities; (2) Identifying areas for improvement; (3). Responsive coaching and modeling of best practices that benefits the OVC and HIV care and treatment programs (4). Advocating for environments conducive to quality patient care and provider development; and (5). Collecting and reporting data when required
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures linkage of infected children and adolescent from the community testing points to any supported HIV care and treatment center/Facility close to them
- Ensures that strategies relating to the OVC and care and treatment programs are non-stigmatizing and client focused
- Create a conducive environment for adolescents and young girls enrolled into the program to have open and sincere conversations about their sexual and reproductive health issues
- Build the capacity of community volunteers and community facilitators on basic principles of HIV/AIDS service delivery components
- Ensure confidentiality of clients enrolled into the program is maintained with ethical standards put in place to avoid litigations and most importantly protect the rights of the child
- Collaborate with relevant government and non-governmental agencies including SMOH for the provision of wrap around services for clients enrolled into the OVC program.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on issues around HIV care and treatment for infected pediatrics and the adolescents, medication adherence counselling, uptake and interpretation of routine viral load data
- Be constantly updated on developing issues and trends in the OVC , Pediatric HIV care and treatment portfolios
- Submit a routine reports on capacity building done and technical assistance activities provided as well as findings and recommendations for strengthening services between the health facilities and the communities where OVC are followed up.
Minimum Position Requirements
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Medicine
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- At least 3 years’ experience with clinical HIV and AIDS care, including the provision of ART.
- At least 1 year experience with program planning, assessment, and implementation of HIV clinical care.
- Ability to write reports and analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Willingness to travel to clinics and hospitals throughout Rivers State
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)Similar Jobs
- Administrator at a Christain Faith Based Organization - StreSERT Services Limited
- Programme Manager (ISOLT) at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Finance Assistant at The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
- MEAL Assistant at ZOA Nigeria
- Logistics Officer at NERI Nigeria
- Consultant - State Operations Coordinating Units at Save the Children Nigeria
- Logistics Officer Operations, NOB at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Job Openings at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)