Kogi State University, Anyigba, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in the Information Technology and Resource Centre (ITRC):
Job Summary: To lead and direct the provision and delivery of ICT services throughout the University.
- Lead a team of IT and communications professionals and provide strategic directions, develop and implement the ICT strategy and other policy documents, oversee support systems to a range of users across the University on 24 hours, 365 days a year, and supervise the ICT business ventures.
- Oversee the development and delivery of ICT products and services, in accordance with agreed service and performance standards, industry best practice and in alignment with the University’s objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Drive the ICT collaborative agenda on behalf of the University, in conjunction with other local and foreign partners
- Perform such other ICT related duties as may be directed by the Vice Chancellor
Educational Attainment/ Professional Qualifications/Work Experience
Candidates should possess a degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Management Information System with 10 years’ experience, five (5) of which should be in a tertiary or related institution, and be registered with the relevant professional bodies. Possession of professional globally acceptable certifications, will be an advantage.
In addition, the candidate should possess the following skills/capabilities:
- Leadership and management skills
- Implementing executive policies and ensuring strategic capacity planning
- Financial skills including budgeting, forecasting, and justifying expenditures.
- Analytical mindset to develop and utilize reliable metrics and overseeing SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, time-based) metrics for hardware, software, and storage
- Advanced literacy skills e.g. composition and presentation of reports, policies, strategy papers
- Directing and supporting the implementation of new software and hardware
- Identifying and recommending new technology solutions
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
Applicants must not be more than fifty-five (55) years of age at the time of appointment.
Applicants must enjoy good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of the position.
Duration of Appointment:
The appointment shall be for a single term of Five (5) years.
Conditions of Service:
These are as approved by the Governing Council of the University and as may be modified from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications in 6 copies with photocopies of their certificates and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational institutions attended with dates and qualifications obtained, including membership/fellowship of relevant professional bodies.
- Work Experience and Positions held with dates
- Present Employer, Post and Salary
- List of Publications, if any
- Other relevant activities outside current employment
- Major professional achievements, contributions, including awards received, if any;
- Names and Addresses of 3 Referees - one of whom should be professionally competent to assess the applicant. The referees should be requested to forward their references direct to the "Registrar, Kogi State University Anyigba."
All applications should be addressed and sent to
Kogi State University,
P.M.B. 2373, Anyigba,
Kogi State, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date: 2 weeks from the date of Publication
Note: Only applications of those who may be shortlisted for interview will be acknowledged.