Jobs at CA Global Africa Recruitment
Posted on: 25 August, 2011
Deadline: 31 August, 2011
View Jobs in General
View Jobs posted same day
CA Global Power and Energy (Africa Positions) has a client that is in need of Control and Instrumentation Supervisor(C&I) (Power Plant / Power Station). The position will be based in Nigeria.
Control and Instrumentation Supervisor (Power Plant/ Power Station)
Job Code: MS6137
* Degree / Higher Diploma in electrical engineering or Instrumentation Engineering with good communication and Management Skills
* Minimum 6 years Post graduate experience in a similar role
*Good Knowledge of the equipment, methods and materials used in repairing and maintaining power plant controls, instrumentation, electrical distribution systems, and power plant facilities
* Have knowledge of Mark V using Rung Display (Ladder Logic) feature or using Control Sequence Program (CSP) to find out logics to troubleshoot problems such as Unit Tripping, Start-up & Shutdown problems
* Understand the hardware components, functionality and location of different termination I / O boards and software logics, which are using in Mark V
* Have knowledge of ‘Logic Forcing’ to test & simulate different systems during turbine on-line / offline.
* Knowledge of proper safety practices, procedures and regulations applicable to work being performed in or near energized electrical systems.
* Knowledge of boiler, turbine and generator controls in a power plant environment.
* Knowledge of electric and electronic schematics/systems.
* Skilled in effective planning and prioritizing of complex construction, maintenance and repair operations.
* Skilled in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with other employees and outside the operation area
* Skilled in operating precision measurement and calibration equipment.
* Skilled in preparing clear and concise written reports (In English)
* Skilled in working from drawings, blueprints, plans and specifications.
* Skilled in the methods of troubleshooting complete control systems down to malfunctioning components.
* Skilled in directing the work of technicians in maintenance and repair of power plant equipment/systems.
* Ability to exercise balanced' judgement in evaluation situations and making decisions.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong leadership skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
* Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
* Able to manage multiple priorities.
* Knowledgeable in repair techniques for a broad application of instrument equipment.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
* Strong computer skills.
* Able to understand the P&I Drawings
* Ability to executes the Interlock Tests, Over-speed Trip Test calibration and testing of Servo Valve for Fuel Stroke Bypass Control Valve, Servo of IGV, Spark Plugs, Flame Detectors, etc.
* Maintenance of field instruments such as Level, Pressure, Flow, Temperature Transmitters and Switches as well as Control Valves, Analyzers, Vibration Sensors, Thermocouples and RTD’s.
Regional Sales Manager - African Region
Job Code: CRRSM110817
Generating new leads in the region among Operators, Banks & Financial Institutions and Generic Mobile Money Hub Operators
Developing and Maintaining Healthy, Productive, Influential & trust worthy relationship with Customers
Ensure Speedy Resolution of Queries and grievances to maximize satisfaction level of Clients
Understand the key requirements of the customers & pro-actively working with them to ensure that we have advantage over competition in the customer RFPs and requirements
Working towards migrating customers from competitors platforms over a period of time wherever prior deployments have happened
Mastering the Practical & Theoretical knowledge of Mobile commerce Industry trends
Understanding the competitor movements & pricing strategies and plan accordingly to win deals with customers in the region
Interact with various departments such as Pre Sales/ Product / Technology to ensure that Quality deliverables promised to Clients are met on time
Management of Entire Product life-cycle from strategic planning till Implementation & support Phase
Complete ownership of the Account activities & development
Extensive experience in Software Solution Sales (Mobile Financial Services experience is a plus) to Telecom Operators, Banks & Financial Institutions
* Should have been managing customer relationships from Junior to CXO level
* Successful track record in closing multi-million dollar deals
* Willing to travel for over 15days every month (Through Africa)
* A Go Getter with high energy & eager to succeed in life
* Engineering degree, MBA from Premier Institute is a plus
* Fluent English, French would be a plus.
Head of HR (Consumer Banking)
Job Code: ML 2157
* Pro-actively form credible relationships to influence and make a difference to the people agendas and to the people within Consumer Bank
* Pro-actively coach leadership teams/Mancos within their area of responsibility both as a -team and as individuals to drive business performance through high engagement
* Support line managers in configuring and deploying Group people policies, products and processes to drive engagement thereby driving business performance
* Ensure a robust talent pipeline to meet the future needs of the functions through managers identifying developing and appropriately stretching talent at every level
* Support the continuous review of the CB operating model for alignment to the business strategy using all available data to assess effectiveness and demonstrate pro-activity in surfacing and securing resolution to points of misalignment
* Collaborate with Business and Country HR colleagues on all products e.g. P3/Q12/Talent Management to agree stakeholder engagement, drive functional strategies, processes and messages at the Country level.
* Collaborate with colleagues across HR to ensure continuous improvement in the function
* Support the continuous review of the CB operating model for its cost efficiency and demonstrate pro-actively in surfacing and securing improvements
* Coach, develop and build a high performing team of CB HR RM’s to deliver the CB people agenda
* A minimum of 10 years or more HR experience, direct people management experience and have good commercial judgement.
* Experience of being an HR Relationship Manager at a country level
* Understanding of CB including key products, key roles, Operating Model and Strategic Agenda
* Ability to understand financials (e.g. interpreting financial statements, budgeting, project accounting)
* Ability to implement a Strategic People Agenda
Understanding of the various HR products and how to implement them within a country/region (e.g. engagement, performance management) to address business issues
Understanding and practical experience of managing Employee Relations activities e.g., managing redundancies, grievances & disciplinary process and external litigation.
* Uses knowledge, communication and relationship skills to positively influence key business decisions
* Forms effective relationships with key Stakeholders
* Ability to stand up for what is right, in the face of adversity
* Excellent communication: clear oral and written skills; effective questioning and active listening
* Strong facilitation skills at an individual and team levels
* Coaching at an individual and leadership level
* Strong work orientation, taking ownership to deliver on time every time.
* Embraces the Matrix
* Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required
* Proactive, takes the initiative and effectively deals with resistance
* Trusted, credible partner
* “Role models” the values and demonstrates a strong moral compass in all decision making
* Highly driven and inquisitive setting stretching goals for self and continually pushing for results
* Ability to sell ideas, flexing approach for different audiences
* Strong team orientation, working effectively in virtual International teams
* Enjoys challenges and strives to Continuously Improve the Way we Work.
* Team Recruitment – training, briefing and supervision
* Sales Network Management – business allocation – vendor recruitment, training, briefing and supervision
* Planning – sales (roll-out) and marketing budget / promotional planning experience
* Sales Administration – recording and analysis of sales / contact data
* Technical Organisation – logistic planning experience
* Finance Administration – budget control
* Reporting – Ongoing Liaison with Operations-, Finance- and IT Manager
Will be educated to degree level, have a background in: Franchise, Retail, or FMCG / CPG Sales Network Management, with at least three to four years' man-management experience
Will be an excellent communicator with proven planning, business start-up / retail roll-out and operational management skills, delivering sustainable business growth.
Will be an independent thinker, a quick learner, motivator, and have good problem-solving skills.
Will have proven experience in team recruitment, training / briefing and supervision.
Will have a proven record as department leader / manager.
Will have working five (5) years experience in emerging market environments.
Will have start up / retail roll-out experience
Will have a good knowledge of the leisure / entertainment – gaming industry.
Method of Application
Under' search vacancies' select West Africa
In the next tab,select Nigeria and click search
View Job details and apply.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at African Industries Group
- Latest Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Human Resource Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Technical Vacancy at Cummins Inc.
- Job Vacancy at General Electric (GE)
- Finance Job Opportunity at General Electric (GE)
- Service Advisor at Cummins Inc
- Latest Job Opportunity at General Electric (GE)