Graduate Trainee (Investment) at Lidya Global
Posted on: 12 November, 2019
Deadline: 30 November, 2019
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Lidya Nigeria
Lidya is the future of finance for small businesses in fast-growing economies. Our goal is to help great business owners access financing and build a credit score through an easy and inspiring lending process. Lidya currently operates in Nigeria where over 150,000 businesses have signed up for its service and is backed by Omidyar Network, Accion, Newid Capital, Bamboo Capital and Alitheia Capital. The Company has raised close to $10m USD in venture capital and has teams across Lagos (Nigeria), Porto (Portugal), Prague (Czech Republic), Warsaw (Poland), and New York (USA).
- The Investment Trainee position is responsible for managing clients with the goal of growing Lidya’s loan portfolio.
- Ambitious & Metrics Driven: You want to solve the $5 trillion USD small business credit gap across fast growing economies. You are committed to relentlessly finding the right customer, building trust and converting those relationships into sustainable, win-win partnerships. You understand that you will be judged on your numbers and building a high growth, profitable loan book.
- Has no complacency and is high energy: You understand your role is critical to the company. You apply high energy every day to grow your customer base and revenue. You want to grow every day, month, quarter, year. You are persistent, clear and driven to get deals done – properly and quickly.
- Resourceful, High Integrity, High Impact: You find a way. You do business with trust and transparency and dig into the details with the aim to help customers get the credit they need to grow their business.
- Collaborative: You understand you need a team to succeed. You carry along internal stakeholders to ensure they are aligned to support and drive sales and conversion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Client Engagement: Manage existing client engagements, renewal of customer loan applications, and approval or rejection of applications within agreed timelines and loan limits. Reach out to customers and maintain positive client relationships.
- Loan Portfolio Growth: Achieve agreed upon commercial targets and outcomes on a monthly basis. Support the evaluation, authorization and approval of loans given to customers by authentication of KYC documentation presented for all credit applications and eligibility assessments as required by the Lidya and regulators.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset
- Interested applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree not earlier than 2017.
- 0-2 years’ work experience, preferably in a commercial environment. Experience in the financial services sector is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, Management or a related business discipline.
- Highly motivated and target driven with a demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience meeting commercial milestones (i.e. achieving revenue or profit targets).
- Outstanding customer engagement skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills with the ability to work in a goal oriented environment where you will be evaluated on your KPIs.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills including the ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
- Competitive salary and workplace benefits.
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for country-changing ventures.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Lidya Nigeria career website on www.lidya.co to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lidya NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Account Officer at Accion Microfinance Bank Limited
- Career Opportunities at a Private Equity Firm - PWC
- Cashier at Transsnet Finance Nigeria Limited
- Loan Officer at a Reputable Financial Institution - Michael Stevens Consulting
- Administrative Officer at Lafenwa Osiberu & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Business Banker at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Team Lead, Events & Sponsorship at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Head of Operations at Rigo Microfinance Bank