Kitchen Manager/Chef in an Indoor/Outdoor Catering Firm
Posted on: 21 July, 2014
Deadline: 28 July, 2014
View Jobs in Food Services
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited - Our Client is into outdoor and indoor catering services. Due to growth and expansion, the position for a Kitchen Manager/chef has become vacant
To contribute to the smooth and efficient conduct of all kitchens related duties from cooking to the utensils and the hygiene of the restaurant and presentation of meals during outdoor services.
Description of Duties
- Cook all food; African and Continental.
- The Kitchen Manager is expected to take total ownership of the kitchen affairs.
- The chef is responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave his or her kitchen.
- The chef is expected to modify and create new menus as needed so that they remain effective for the purposes for the restaurant or other outdoor services.
- The chef will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities;
- Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food; Select and develop recipes;
- Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
- Establish presentation technique and quality standards.
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance; ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
- The chef will oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary services.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labour, and overhead costs.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations for the restaurant.
- Any other duties of related tasks.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidate must have undergone catering courses, (diploma/ degree) with minimum of 4 - 5 years experience as a Chef.
- The desired candidate must be able to hold its own by being in absolute control of all the kitchen affairs.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ideal candidate must be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Must maintain an impeccable personal hygiene as well as high work and safety standards.
- An excellent food presentation skill is highly required.
- The candidate needs to be able to work with a variety of people and have coping skills to handle difficult personalities, ranging from co-workers to customers.
- Must be able to delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.
- The chef must have good knowledge of Nigerian and continental meal preparation.
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please forward their CV's to: email@example.com using "Chef" as the subject of your application.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Procurement Assistant at Eat'n'Go Limited
- Cook/Assistant Chef at Cookie Jar Gourmet Bakery
- Entry-level Client Services Officer at Cookie Jar Gourmet Bakery
- Cake Decorators at Exquisito Confectioneries Limited
- Job Openings at Cookie Jar Gourmet Bakery