Marketing and Communications Manager in a Media Company
Posted on: 21 July, 2014
Deadline: 31 July, 2014
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Stresert Services Limited - Our Client is one of Nigeria’s media companies operating at the fore front of media in Africa, with activities spanning EXCLUSIVE content and distribution of specialised licensed programmes.
Due to massive growth and expansion they are seeking the services of spontaneous Commercial Director who would carry out the below deliverables.
Job Group: Mid-Level - Senior Level Management
- Summary of Roles and Typical Job activities for MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER.
- Responsible for developing and delivering the Marketing and Communications strategy in support of the Company's mission and business plan.
- To proactively develop and respond to media opportunities and issues and manage the Company's reputation. Reputation and perception management is key.
- Draft press release and organise press conference on a short notice
- Effectively communicate the corporate mission, structure and values of the company to all stakeholders and
- Lead and manage the development, production and maintenance of marketing materials, ensuring they have a measurable impact and reflect the Company’s brand and values.
- Manage and develop the Group's digital presence, including the corporate websites, search engine marketing and search engine optimization programs, keyword search, search engine marketing and social media in line with guidance and reflecting the Company's brand and values.
- Work with the business development and mobilisation teams to develop and prepare communications responses for bid submissions.
- Conduct appropriate market research and monitor competitors and markets providing information to senior managers to enable informed decisions to be taken to protect and maximise the Group's business.
- Effectively manage the Group's marketing and communications budget to ensure that financial targets are met.
- Plan, organize, execute and manage events including client and partner events, industry events, sales training sessions and other corporate events.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from a University in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field. Higher degree and relevant professional certification are added advantage
- 4 - 6 years' experience and/or training in a marketing role within a corporate environment; &
- Experience of translating vision and business plan into a coherent marketing and communications strategy.
- Knowledge and experience in web marketing, SEO, social media.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Reputation and perception management skills.
- Must be both traditional and new media savvy.
- Ability to own and control the media.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Budget and time management skills.
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent people management skill, an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail with ability to multi-task and think outside of the box.
- Superior professionalism and judgment
- Strong work ethics.
- Age Bracket: 25 - 32 years
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using MCM - MEDIA as subject of mail.
Note: Only experienced and qualified candidates will be shortlisted and invited for an interview.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Poshbase
- Career Opportunity at The BBC
- 2017 Graduate Management Trainee Program at Terragon Group
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Beat 99.9 FM
- IT/Contact Centre Manager at Tequila Nigeria
- Job Opportunity at Daily Post Nigeria
- Jobs in a Magazine Firm - Haulage and Logistics Nigeria
- Media Jobs at Concise News