Berger Paints Nigeria Plc is a leader in the manufacturing, development, distribution and sale of paints and coatings to professional, Industrial, commercial and retail customers in Nigeria. We operate in 5 business segements; Decorative, Industrial coatings, Marine and Protecton coatings, Automotive/Vehicle refinishes and Wood Preservers and finishes. Our portfolio includes well known brands such as Luxol,Texcote and Superstar.
The company operates its manufacturing plant and main distribution centre from Lagos Nigeria. With 18 depots, colour world centres and a countrywide distribution network of dealers/distributors in strategic locations spread throughout the country, Berger Paints Nig. Plc remains at the forefront of the paint and allied industry in Nigeria.
Berger Paints is recruiting to fill the position of:
Reports To: Head HR/Admin
Supports operations by supervising Admin staff; planning, organizing, and implementing administrative systems. Preside over facilities management, material procurement and scheduling, all premises security and other facet of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day running of Administrative department.
- Management of effective fire, environment, safety and security management.
- Ensure maintenance of Office equipment and assets are done effectively with minimum cost.
- Maintain proper record of all assets, custody, and transfer of assets from one user to another.
- Ensure all requisitions and approved Local Purchase Requisition (LPR) sent from user department is treated within specified date/time.
- Ensure all requested materials/items are supplied correctly in accordance with specification.
- Follow up of the whole transaction/payment of invoice from suppliers to their collection of payment.
- Ensure all items of purchase are assigned and recorded in the stock cards prior issue.
- Ensure assets under Annual or periodic maintenance contract are regularly serviced.
- Ensure all agencies fee; PHCN bills, depot rent etc are paid on time.
- Working knowledge of Nigeria Labour Law.
- Knowledge of Job evaluation principles and systems.
- Knowledge of competency, performance and market based pay systems.
- Good change management skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Good people development, management and Leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
Education and/or Experience
- First degree in Business related discipline or Social science and postgraduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years experience in a Manufacturing company
- Membership of a professional body is required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using position applied for as mail subject
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.