Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Stanbic IBTC Bank values original thinkers with genuine insight and the team commitment that will help our clients outperform the market. As Africa’s largest and most respected bank, our Global Markets division offers you an outstanding opportunity to rapidly develop your banking talents. You will work across a range of financial instruments, operating within very different markets and countries.
Our ambitious plans now mean we are looking for a highly experienced Fixed Income Trader
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the vacant position:
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities
1. Knowledge and understanding of the back office sales and service support processes and procedures to facilitate quick turnaround times for clients.
2. Motivate and prepare financial loan applications for credit, taking into account the risk implications of client businesses, as per credit requirements.
3. Ensure that all account opening documentation is in place for all accounts and that KYC (Know Your Client) requirements are strictly adhered to.
4. Maintain strong interdepartmental relationships with relevant units and follow up on transaction processing to ensure customer instructions are attended to promptly and efficiently.
5. Provide a responsive service to clients in the portfolio to ensure that queries, problems and transactional banking requests are attended to quickly and efficiently even in the absence of the relationship manager.
6. Processing of unit reports, ensuring the proper filing and documentation of client data and the efficient dispatch of client correspondence.
7. Ensuring that all documentation is prepared accurately, on time and signed off in compliance with policy, legislative and or credit requirements.
8. Managing work volumes, dealing diplomatically with challenging clients and relationships with other departments.
9. Resolving service related problems with branches and customer service centres on behalf of clients.
10. Ensure that maturities are monitored and advices and cheques are sent out on time.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.