Layer3 is one of the fastest growing network and security infrastructure companies in West Africa, providing award-winning services, including managed and cloud services, network security, IT infrastructure management, virtualization and mobile device management solutions.
Our unique model integrates best-of-breed technologies from global leaders such as Juniper Networks, Blue Coat, Polycom, AirWatch, F5, Extreme Networks and VMware, coupled with our next-generation metro fiber networks, to offer unparalleled services and after sales support to some of the most demanding customers.
- The Enterprise Solutions Engineer will be an integral part of the team responsible for the preparation of vital business solutions for IP enterprise platform architectures.
- S/He will carefully balance business requirements against platform capabilities in order to maintain a secure and stable environment.
- As an implementer, the incumbent need a thorough understanding of Server Solutions, Active Directory, and applications critical to the business solution, and at times you might need to fulfill an architectural design role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise extensively with external and/or internal clients in line with policy on customer communication.
- Work closely with the end user, clients and vendors to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Open ERP administration and management
- Keep up to date with technical and industry sector developments and prepare for and undertake certification exams and trainings assigned by line manager and management to build competency
- Oversee and monitor in-house servers, monitoring systems, PC's, laptops and all applications running on them including but not limited to, CRM, SIP Server and all IP phone extensions, Port Forwarder, Accounting Application, HRM, NMS, Customer Support Portal, File Server etc
- Manage all servers on the virtual infrastructure environment within the Abuja office. This includes but is not limited to the VMware client and all virtual servers installed on it/them.
- Using unit templates to prepare proposals/quotations to clients on UC, VMware, Polycom NetApp and Microsoft Apps products, solutions, and services & produce project feasibility reports (whenever applicable)
- Oversee, administer and manage Layer3’s cloud infrastructure and other cloud services
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability alongside the marketing/sales team
- Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Come up with designs, based on customers’ unique requirements as well as solution documents for non IP-related enterprise solutions. This may include Data center infrastructure solution, virtualization, VoIP and storage solutions.
- Ensure that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met
- Draw up a testing schedule for the complete system
- Provide client Pre-sales and after sales support services
- Writing user manuals and provide training to users on solutions & services
- Domain registration and hosting for layer3.com.ng and all its sub domains, email accounts etc
- Manage all In-house PC’s
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by line manager or members of the management team
Desired Skills and Experience
- A solid technical background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Communications Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering is mandatory
- Ability to research and quickly disseminate information
- Excellent skills in business and report writing
- Thorough understanding of features and benefits of Layer3 solutions and services.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work under pressure & time constraints
- Ability to work as an individual or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, sound judgment and good business sense
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Ability to build rapport quickly with clients/operational managers and colleagues
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to disseminate information quickly
- Excellent working knowledge of technical applications and willingness to keep up to date
- Excellent knowledge of quality standards, legislation and best practice
- Adaptability and ability to prioritize work
Method of Application
Interested applicants are required to forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. While we appreciate the interest in our organization, only qualified candidates will be contacted.