WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy. WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Job description UFR SCNL QC Coordinator
• Manages through the supervision of a team of 30 inspectors and with respect to HSEQ objectives the onshore QAQC activities in Nigeria (SCNL, PCNL, Nestoil/EWT) with more than 15,000 tons of subsea structures and coating/double jointing of more than 7,000 pipes.
• Defines the onshore CPY QAQC organisation required to supervise all onshore construction activities.
• Support the Construction Superintendant to verify consistency between engineering /procurement and construction engineering.
• Follow up in close coordination with CTR’s, the UFR Construction manager and the UFR UFR QC Lead the availability of the materials and equipment required for construction activities.
• Ensure that as-built dossiers comply with all QA/QC requirements and are delivered to the facilities end owners/users.
• Promote and maintain a permanent smooth and seamless communication with CTR and UFR teams during all phases of the project.
• Provide indoctrination and training of all COMPANY QAQC personnel and actively promote quality awareness and commitment within the Project.
• Direct implementation of COMPANY IIF program within the site/yard QA/QC organization.
• Ensure that Project contractual and technical and quality requirements are met.
• Assure that activities required for the quality management system are planned, implemented, controlled, and their progress monitored.
• Oversee development and maintenance of site/yard QA/QC Programs and maintain interfaces with Project Team and Site management and monitor the plans and activities of Site QA/QC and lead periodic audits of the Packages Contractors' QA/QC system.
• Monitor quality performance and coordinate Project quality reporting.
• Ensure that concessions and deficiencies are properly documented, processed and reported.
• Monitor collation of fabrication quality records to assure accurate and efficient collation and ‘on time’ delivery of quality records.
• Ensure Non-conformances are followed and resolved with the help of other inspectors
• Attend weekly and monthly quality meetings with Contractor/Sub-contractor and report back to Project Team.
• Follow up with the help of other inspectors the Review of the “As Built” Dossier for completeness and correctness
• Ensures compliance with internal Quality procedures
• Adheres to Company work processes to ensure that deliverables and documents are of consistent high quality
• Consolidate weekly and monthly UFR internal report for QAQC construction activities.
• Assist the Construction Superintendant for the preparation of the UFR close-out reports for the construction activities operations
• Liaise with the UFR Construction Superintendant and the UFR QC Lead on a routine basis for the resolution of any outstanding issues
• Contribute to meet UFR HSE objectives and ensure all HSE issues are properly addressed and monitored by the QAQC team.
• Ensure that safe working practices are carried out within the construction team and the contractors in order to enforce Company HSEQ policy.
• Ensure fabrication is approved by Third parties (Certification and/or Classification and/or MWS) when applicable.
• Lead and participate to safety tours and visits as defined by UFR.
Requirements UFR SCNL QC Coordinator
• Education to HND level in an Engineering discipline, equivalent or 15 years experiences
• Professional Experience (number of years): 10-15 years experience with Project background within Oil & Gas industry.
• Quality Control experience is required. Experience on West African yards a plus.
• Minimum 5 years experience in all aspects of structure, piping, welding, NDE and applicable codes and standards such as ISO, API, ASTM and ASME.
• Welding and NDE certificate would be an added advantage along with a recognized Quality Assurance or Quality Management qualification such as formal training in the new ISO 9001:2008 Standard.
• The ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company. In addition, the Candidate must possess very good planning, coordination, presentation, negotiations and organizational skills.
• Fluent in English both verbally and in writing
• Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, database management, spreadsheets and e-mail communications and MS Project or equivalent a plus
Interetsed and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.