Project Manager – Power EPC in a Successful EPC Organisation
Posted on: 18 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Edwin Drake Oil and Gas Recruitment Consul
Edwin Drake is a specialist Oil and Gas Recruitment Consultancy operating primarily across the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry, with a strong focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. As a strategic recruitment partner, our focus is on building long-lasting relationships with candidates and clients alike, each time striving to achieve best match from both technical as well as team point of view, therefore enabling organisational and individual growth. At Edwin Drake we understand the challenges of recruiting in countries where the local content is of utmost importance such as Nigeria and Angola. This in-depth market knowledge has enabled us to build a strategic network of professionals across these regions, who are either based locally or in the Diaspora as well as expatriates with proven experience and success in these countries.
- Edwin Drake is currently representing a successful EPC organisation with an exceptional track record in Power EPC projects, particularly in the areas of Transmission and Substation Projects.
- Due to an increase in number of projects, they are now seeking to identify an experienced professional for the role of Project Manager.
This is a permanent role based in Nigeria, which will have you responsible for the delivery of the assigned Project(s) from inception to completion, with full ownership of activities in Project Sites.
- Lead the execution of tasks associated with the achievement of the business goals with strong focus on the economics and profitability of production or the services rendered
- Employ and deploy projects within budget and deadlines whilst ensuring all Tasks related to Specializations and Functions are duely, regularly and comprehensively completed
- Recommend for effective Project Management suitable standards and policies that will help to improve areas of expertise and the organization’s operations at large
- Ensures compliance to all laid down policies of the company identifying where amendments and provisions are needed for enhancements
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of all technical activities on the premises of all assigned projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and Company standards
- Ensure the effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all functions and all other project participants.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants, and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied.
- Scrutinize the contract documents to ensure that the scope and all amendments are incorporated into plan, drawings, specifications and bill of quantities for execution at site.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Ensure all assigned Projects are;
- Highly accountable to ensure the avoidance of defects liability on all executed and planned projects by providing strong advisory services and project interventions, ensuring that all projects works are equally strong enough and stable enough to to not deflect or vibrate beyond acceptable limits and to resist all appropriate structural loads (e.g., gravity, wind, snow, rain, seismic (earthquake), earth pressure, temperature, and traffic) in order to prevent or reduce loss of life or injury.
- Supervise and Manage all Sub – Contractors scope of the entire Projects evaluating their performance and ensuring full compliance to quality works according to agreed Terms of Reference and Company standards
- Technical expertise in power management and power distribution design with extensive experience Project Managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Extensive exposure to Transmission and Sub-Station projects as well as HV/EHV
- Strong business acumen supported by the excellent customer relationships built in the past
- BSc/HND in Electrical or Civil Engineering with a minimum of 10 years working experience in the Power Sector
- Confident in planning, budgeting, executing, monitoring and cash flow management of complex projects
- Proficiency in an ERP solutions with competencies in PM, CAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience of working in an Emerging Market such as: South America, South-East Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa will be highly beneficial.
Method of Application
For more information on this particular role as well as similar opportunities in the region, please do not hesitate to get in touch directly. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Edwin Drake Oil and Gas Recruitment ConsultancySimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Drivers at Alphaden Energy and Oilfield Limited
- Engineers at an International Oil & Gas Company - OfficeMakers International Limited
- Commercial Project Controller at RusselSmith Group
- Latest Vacancies at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Business Development/Sales Roles at MacTay Consulting
- Accountant at Bimfems Investment Limited
- Account Officers at Human Edge Limited