Edwin Drake is a specialist Oil and Gas Recruitment Consultancy operating primarily across the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry, with a strong focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. As a strategic recruitment partner, our focus is on building long-lasting relationships with candidates and clients alike, each time striving to achieve best match from both technical as well as team point of view, therefore enabling organisational and individual growth. At Edwin Drake we understand the challenges of recruiting in countries where the local content is of utmost importance such as Nigeria and Angola. This in-depth market knowledge has enabled us to build a strategic network of professionals across these regions, who are either based locally or in the Diaspora as well as expatriates with proven experience and success in these countries.
Our client is a rapidly growing indigenous Oil and Gas company with an emphasis on cultivating and advancing a range of oil and gas assets in the upstream sector of the Oil and gas industry. They are a company that has an asset portfolio formed by multiple assets on land, swamp and shallow offshore. They are seeking to identify a Senior Production Geologist who can take the lead in driving the field development planning, execution and field management from a G&G perspective.
- 10- 15 years experience in the Oil and Gas industry in land, swamp and deep-water setting in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigerian and potentially international environment.
- Experience in Production Seismology, Field Development Planning (FDP) and execution, structural and reservoir correlation, Top sands Mapping, Static Reservoir 3D Modelling, Sand thickness, Porosity, Saturation & Hydrocarbon thickness and STOIIP and GIIP calculations, using deterministic and statistical methodologies.
- Field experience in, well appraisal,drilling, geomechanical analysis, pressure prediction and fault seal analysis.
- Knowledge in Reservoir planning, static modelling and Production System Asset as well as Field Maps, top sands and resource reporting.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- HSEMS application, Seismic interpretation, AVO understanding, top sands/reservoir mapping, well log interpretation.
- Enumeration of reservoir and hydrocarbon risk and uncertainty and incorporation in the well planning and in place volumetric calculations.
- Hydrocarbon forecasting, Integrated Activity Planning and cost optimisation and management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Propel the application of the field optimization of producing fields, oil gas and condensate, location preparation, well planning.
- Driving well retrieval of current producing wells, guaranteeing that the well and reservoir management procedures are adequate for resolution.
- In depth well planning, with drillable wells, lowest unit cost well plans, from surface to well reservoir penetration.
- Ensuring a prestigious database that is third party certifiable while contributing to the generation, coordination and delivery of approval processes for drilling Well proposals and Well data gathering campaigns.
Method of Application
The company’s objective of being an intensely technical, marketable and innovative organisation, with complete provision abilities, combined with their ambitions to elevate production and reclamation in Nigeria, using acquired modern technologies makes this an exciting opportunity worth venturing.
For more information on this particular role as well as others in the same industry, feel free to contact me. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.