Edwin Drake is a specialist Oil and Gas Recruitment Consultancy operating primarily across the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry, with a strong focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. As a strategic recruitment partner, our focus is on building long-lasting relationships with candidates and clients alike, each time striving to achieve best match from both technical as well as team point of view, therefore enabling organisational and individual growth. At Edwin Drake we understand the challenges of recruiting in countries where the local content is of utmost importance such as Nigeria and Angola. This in-depth market knowledge has enabled us to build a strategic network of professionals across these regions, who are either based locally or in the Diaspora as well as expatriates with proven experience and success in these countries.
Job Ref.: DV/TD
Department: Human Resources
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Applicants must possess at least GCE O’ Level/WASC/SSCE and a valid driving license with a minimum of three (3) years relevant Truck Driving experience.
go to method of application »
We are currently representing a highly reputable Nigerian Energy Consortium who is seeking to identify a highly experienced professional who can join their Power Distribution Business and provide oversight function on all regulatory activities of the utility ensuring compliance with regulatory policies and procedures.
- The main driver for this role will be to effectively provide regulatory and policy support with the deep knowledge of the utility and post privatization mind-set and business model as well as the local regulatory climate.
- Your strong general management coupled with knowledge and experience of Commercial and Regulatory matters in the industry will make you suitable for this opportunity.
- Nigerian professional with 10 -15 years of progressive experience in the Power Distribution/Utility business dealing with regulatory matters coupled with practical experience of working with Regulators.
- Extensive exposure to working in Nigeria and strong knowledge of regulations issued by NERC and knowledge of PPA and analytical ability to interpret the various orders of commission/regulations issued by them.
- Demonstrated and cogent experience in field of specialization including but not limited to international and emerging power markets, industry restructuring, infrastructure, laws and regulations in which they are nationally or internationally renowned as an expert.
- In depth knowledge of the private and public sector business environments and political/policy issues affecting the industry.
- Ability to assess and action on Power Market Operating Rules from Generation and Distribution Operators.
- Solid knowledge of utility ratemaking and regulation including cost allocation, rate design, resource planning and demand side management
- Strong and first-rate educational background with terminal or advanced certification in Business management or have a MBA
- In-depth knowledge of Energy economics and finance, including energy forecasting and private sector finance opportunities.
- Experience of working with Distribution association and other distribution companies to lobby new and effective regulations.
Method of Application
Preference would be given to individuals from the Power Sector, however if you come from a similar customer driven environment such as telecoms, oil & gas, etc. we would be more than happy to review your application as well.
For more information and a confidential discussion please do not hesitate to get in touch with us directly. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale