Vacancy at Centenary City Plc
Posted on: 17 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Real Estate
View Jobs posted same day
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Centenary City Plc is a new company established through a wholly private sector effort and funding to develop, operate and own the Centenary City in Abuja, Nigeria.
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
JOB TYPE: Full-time
KEY AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To deliver excellence in financial control in accounting and finance including payroll.
- To maintain a sound knowledge of the accounting, finance, legal and regulatory issues of the various jurisdictions involved wjth our business.
- To ensure adherence to company's finance and accounting policies and procedures in line with group guidelines in this regard.
- To adopt the highest standards of ethics and integrity and abide by the group's code of business conduct.
- To maintain the highest standards ofconfidentiality.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Statements and reports in line with all statutory and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Perform general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements, such as balance sheets, profit and loss statements and capital expenditure schedules, and the production of management reports.
- Maintain accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, prepare financial reports and safeguarding the organization's assets
- Manage the Company's account pay abies, accounts receivables, and FixedAssets.
- Ensure that the company's cash management and banking activities are efficiently carried out.
- Assist in producing the appropriate financial reporting packages, and maintain integrity of accounting system (software), ensuring it remains effective and operational at all times.
- Prepare records, analyses and reports regarding accounting transactions and ensure the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Provide financial support induding forecasting, budgeting and analysing variations from budget.
- Assists in the preparation of audit files, including statutory accounts in accordance with the legal requirements
- On a monthly basis conduct balance sheet reconciliations/analysis for review by the company's Managing Director.
- Update 'chart of accounts' when necessary to reffect account management activities.
- Comply with all relevant company and statutory environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Tax administration covering rendition of retums to tax offices and liaison with relevant tax offices in resolving issues related to tax computational objections and queries.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 3-5 years financial experience in a sophisticated and reputable company.
- University or HND degree in accounting in addition to a recognized professional accounting qualification (ACA,ICMA. ACCA, CPA, etc.)
- Several years' experience in the real estate development industry or related sector in a position of appropriate responsibility
- Excellent business-fiuentspoken and written EnglishD
- Highly discrete and able to uphold the utmost confidentiality
- Self-confident and very proactive
- Prepared to be hands-on to achieve results and maintain deadlines.
- Culturally aware and sensitive and ability to work in a team
Method of Application
Please send CVs to:
Mrs. Omolara Adeyemi
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Estate Surveyor at a Real Estate Company - HRLeverage
- Human Resource Business Partner at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services
- Jobs at Willco
- Corporate Driver at PropertyPro.ng
- Customer Care Roles at Alpha Mead Facilities & Management Services (AMFacilities)
- Personal Assistant/Administrative Officer at Tunde Adejumo & Co.
- Research Analyst at Blueprint City Estates and Development Company Limited
- Fresh Jobs at First Equitorial