Chemonics seeks a qualified chief of party for an anticipated program in Nigeria funded by USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives. The program will focus on preventing and mitigating conflict and engaging youth and communities. The chief of party will be based in Abuja, Nigeria, with travel to other parts of the country, including northern and northeastern Nigeria as conditions allow.
Candidates with relevant technical background and successful supervisory management experience in conflict or post-conflict settings are encouraged to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall program management in the field
- Collaborate closely with senior USAID staff in Nigeria and Chemonics local and expatriate field- and home-office staff
- Manage and oversee reporting and communications from the field
- Lead and guide project staff managing technical activities
- Provide hands-on management and oversight for grants and technical assistance activities, including supervising program staff and ensuring appropriate activity design, development and implementation procedures are in place and adhered to
- Under guidance from USAID, contribute to the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation system
- Ensure compliance with all applicable USAID and Chemonics policies and contractual requirements
- Ensure compliance with physical, operational and data security requirements
- Make key decisions and solve problems in short time frames that respond to overall program direction from USAID
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as international relations, regional studies, or conflict mitigation; master's degree preferred
- Minimum six years experience managing complex, fast-paced, and challenging programs in Africa, preferably in Nigeria or West Africa, including at least three years of supervisory management experience
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing programs that include a significant grants under contract component, including in-kind and small grants
- Experience in activity design, development, and implementation
- Demonstrated experience with programs that deliver assistance quickly in response to emerging windows of opportunity
- Experience managing rapid transition programs and working in fragile or transitional state environments
- Strong multicultural, interpersonal, and supervisory skills
- Experience in financial management, including budgeting, financial tracking, reporting and accounting, and procurement
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet short deadlines, and perform successfully in high-pressure, insecure, and stressful environments
- Experience on USAID or other donor-funded project experience programs required.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong proficiency in basic computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, and MS Access and others.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Send electronic submissions to email@example.com by July 25, 2014. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only "Chief of Party - Nigeria OTI" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale