Cummins Inc. is a $18 billion, Fortune 200 company and the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Our continued success globally is predicated on the capability and extent of our product range, our commitment to new technology and the quality of our people.
· To assist and report to the Production Manager for CWAL PGBU with day to day line activities that help ensure a 5 rolling day weekly program to deliver to plan. Leading a small team of fitters working in ensuring canopy manufacturing & assembly is conducted ensuring safety, and quality guidelines are met.
· To communicate and assign daily production tasks/work station requirements to Cell team members tracking Cell build performance.
· Works with the Safety Department representative on the line and the Safety Department to identify safety hazards or unsafe work practices and initiate action to create a safer environment
· To ensure appropriate on the job training of Cell team members and to update respective skills matrix.
· To take appropriate action to correct, reduce or rework quality defects to ensure non-conforming products are not passed to the next internal customer.
· To participate jointly with the Production Manager and trainer in the documentation of performance feedback for all new starters.
· To actively participate with the Production Manager encouraging team members to indentify improvement projects that will positively enhance safety, quality, cost and delivery.
· To ensure that team members are utilising and following standardised work instructions and processes as part of their training and Right First Time defect investigation.
· To ensure a smooth handover between shifts maintaining standards and raising any concerns to the next shift.
· To notify or action to Manufacturing or Quality Engineering representatives of any misplaced or required tooling and following through to resolution.
· To assist the Production Supervisor in the maintenance and accurate information on the team board on areas such as daily quality, safety issues and other related measures as defined.
· To ensure sets are processed in a ‘First In First Out’ (FIFO) order unless otherwise instructed.
· To co-ordinate the supply of materials for production, ensuring that team members have the necessary materials/tools to complete the build.
· To assist in collecting production data to enable production reports for Manufacturing and Quality Engineering to improve manufacturing variance.
· Working to weekly production schedules which may be demanding due to high volumes.
· Expected to understand the build to Cummins work instructions to meet the Cummins quality standard.
· Working within current Health and Safety legislation, published standards and codes and the Company’s health and safety policies, procedures and rules.
· Be participative with all company improvement initiatives e.g. Continuous Improvement for a leaner working processes and practices.
· Reporting product and facility faults, defects and omissions to the Production Manager.
· Be an active team player and be able to work within a larger team structure.
· Must be flexible in working with other Performance Cell functions if required e.g. Materials, Test, Quality, and Manufacturing Engineering.
· Make judgements and work on own initiative within agreed guidelines of work instructions and Cummins quality standards.
Required Skills & Experience:
Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions.
Demonstrable relevant experience of assembly of components and or manufacturing sheet metal components within a manufacturing environment.
Experience in data gathering and problem solving
· Recognised Qualifications - Desirable
· Senior Secondary School Certificate – Essential
· Polytechnic qualification (essential) or degree qualification (desirable) in one of the following areas: - Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering; Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering Maintenance; General Vehicle Fitting
· Relevant Team Leading or First Line Management qualifications - Desirable
· Or Time served apprenticeship within a manufacturing environment – Desirable
· Or demonstrable proven work experience in working assembly of components on a production line in a manufacturing environment - Essential
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.