Site Engineer in a Leading Building Construction Firm
Posted on: 16 July, 2014
Deadline: 31 July, 2014
View Jobs in Building / Construction
View All Jobs at WFO International
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
WFO provides accounting and business advisory services to ambitious owner-managed businesses, large corporations and not-for-profit organisations. With the mission to be a leading provider of quality audit,tax and advisory services through high level expertise and exceptional client service, our professionals commit their skills and common ethic of innovative thinking to deliver value for our clients.
Our client, a leading construction company is looking for a reliable qualified Site engineer who will combine technical responsibilities with project management and apply expert knowledge of construction materials and commercial nous to negotiate deals with suppliers, making sure that building projects are as cost-effective as possible. She will also be responsible for the procurement and management of construction materials which are used on-site.
- Responsible for planning, marking out and levelling construction sites before any building work takes place.
- Build other vital facilities to make sure construction projects go off without a hitch.
- Liaise with other engineers, surveyors, clients and sub-contractors and other third party stakeholders to keep them updated on the progress of the construction project.
- In charge of health and safety on the construction site, providing technical advice and quality control for everyone working on the site.
- Surveying a site, checking drawings, quantities of materials and ensure the accuracy of calculations.
- Plan the work to be done and organize activities to ensure deadlines are met.
- Resolve any technical problems that crop up and make sure a project successfully reaches completion.
- Offers advice in the planning, co-ordination and supervision of technical aspects of construction projects.
- Report daily progress of the project to the MD, provide advice to the management team and prepare site reports.
- Ensure equipment and procedures comply with safety regulations.
- Make sure budgets, time scales and project specifications are met.
- Liaise with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and laws.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site Labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Follow up with site subcontractor to ensure that work is being carried out as per design drawings, specification and on planned schedule.
- Ensure prompt communication regarding any changes in plan to the appropriate representatives
- Conduct regular job site inspections and actively monitor the work environment for hazards
- Assist in the quality and safety audit, and also, identify and highlight possible risk on project
- Assist in necessary project documentation
- Inventorying the job site and ensuring that the supplies are properly maintained
- Coordination for verification of extra claims raised by the contractor
- Must be highly organized, responsible and have an eye for details
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workloads to meet required targets/deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in speaking and in writing.
- Knowledgeable in building law and regulations, and understand legal implications of any decisions.
- Enthusiasm and leadership potential and be able to think innovatively and work on own initiative.
- Genuine interest and knowledgeable in the construction industry.
- Analytical ability and numerical skills
- Proficiency in use of IT systems such as Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project or similar and accountancy software.
- Minimum of 2.2 HND/B.Sc. or equivalent degree in Civil Engineering/Building technology or any relevant subject such as Structural Engineering or Construction.
- Training in project management and construction procurement will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in the same role (post NYSC).
- Able to understand and adhere to the company’s regulations and procedures and to effectively assimilate procedural and technical detail
- Must be flexible in regard to working across all aspects of the business, and long hours to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team and must be below 40 years of age.
Method of Application
Qualified interested candidates should please send their CV to: email@example.com indicating the position being applied for in the subject line of their email.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WFO InternationalSimilar Jobs
- HR Administrator at DO.II Designs Ltd
- Business Development Manager - Facility Management & Maintenance at Max-Migold Limited
- Latest Jobs at Efficacy Construction Company
- Assistant Civil /Highway Engineer at Proportion Construction & Dredge Works Nigeria Limited
- Head of stores at ARBICO Plc
- Drivers at DO.II Designs Ltd
- Latest Recruitment at Julius Berger Nigeria Plc
- Business Development Officer at Urban Dice Designs