Enugu Electricity Distribution Plc (EEDC), headquartered in Enugu State, is responsible for electricity distribution in Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and lmo States. As part of our on-going Service and Business Processes improvement activities, we are looking to recruit exceptional individuals for the following key roles in our Head Office and District Offices within the 5 States that we cover.
Enugu Electricity Distribution Plc (EEDC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Reporting To: Principal Manager
Department: Finanace and Accounts
Locations: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily accounting and book-keeping activities for a district
- Supervise all finance arid accounting staff in the district to ensure compliance with approved policies.
- Supervise processing of all customer billings, fees and other revenue into the districts financial records.
- Supervise processing of all revenue collections — cash, a-payment. prepayment vending, etc. into the district’s financial records.
- Supervise the processing of all expenses - staff claims, allowances, vendor payments etc. into the district’s financial records.
- Supervise all banking transactions and prompt completion of bank reconciliations.
- Liaise with State Offices on payments of staff claims, allowances, vendor payments etc
- Perform analysis to support business decisions.
- Ensure the district’s books of accounts are maintained in line with IFRS.
- Implement directives from State and Head Offices.
- Ensure regular training of Finance and Accounts staff
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to the State Office
- Collaborate with other departments on business initiatives
- Manage the District’s Finance and Accounts Department for optimal productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- An MBA will bean added advantage
- Professional Certifications in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum of 10 years post NYSC experience in auditing or corporate accounting, 3 of which must have been at management level.
- Good knowledge of lFRS
- Computer skills-MS Office, ERP Solutions
- Leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and team skills
- Analytical Skills.
Method of Application
Send an e-mail with a cover letter supporting your application and a copy of your current Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com
- State the position you are applying for in your cover letter and as the subject of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EEDC is an equal opportunity employer and confidentiality of all applications is guaranteed.