Senior Manager - Finance & Accounts at Enugu Electricity Distribution Plc (EEDC)
Posted on: 16 July, 2014
Deadline: 29 July, 2014
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Enugu Electricity Distribution Plc (EEDC)
Enugu Electricity Distribution Plc (EEDC), headquartered in Enugu State, is responsible for electricity distribution in Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and lmo States. As part of our on-going Service and Business Processes improvement activities, we are looking to recruit exceptional individuals for the following key roles in our Head Office and District Offices within the 5 States that we cover.
Enugu Electricity Distribution Plc (EEDC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Reporting To: Principal Manager
Department: Finanace and Accounts
Locations: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily accounting and book-keeping activities for a district
- Supervise all finance arid accounting staff in the district to ensure compliance with approved policies.
- Supervise processing of all customer billings, fees and other revenue into the districts financial records.
- Supervise processing of all revenue collections — cash, a-payment. prepayment vending, etc. into the district’s financial records.
- Supervise the processing of all expenses - staff claims, allowances, vendor payments etc. into the district’s financial records.
- Supervise all banking transactions and prompt completion of bank reconciliations.
- Liaise with State Offices on payments of staff claims, allowances, vendor payments etc
- Perform analysis to support business decisions.
- Ensure the district’s books of accounts are maintained in line with IFRS.
- Implement directives from State and Head Offices.
- Ensure regular training of Finance and Accounts staff
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to the State Office
- Collaborate with other departments on business initiatives
- Manage the District’s Finance and Accounts Department for optimal productivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- An MBA will bean added advantage
- Professional Certifications in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum of 10 years post NYSC experience in auditing or corporate accounting, 3 of which must have been at management level.
- Good knowledge of lFRS
- Computer skills-MS Office, ERP Solutions
- Leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and team skills
- Analytical Skills.
Method of Application
Send an e-mail with a cover letter supporting your application and a copy of your current Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com
- State the position you are applying for in your cover letter and as the subject of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- EEDC is an equal opportunity employer and confidentiality of all applications is guaranteed.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Enugu Electricity Distribution Plc (EEDC)Similar Jobs
- SPIE Oil and Gas Services Recruiting for HSSEQ QAQC Managers
- Information Technology Role at Cleanserve Integrated Energy Solutions
- Graduate Front Desk Officer at Beneprojecti Nigeria Limited
- Assistant Business Development Manager at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Fadac Resources
- Engineering Vacancy at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Onstream Group Recruiting HSSEQ QA/QC Managers
- Job Openings at AOS Orwell