The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria followed by offices in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014 and Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015. IRC has ECHO, OFDA, and Gates funds to respond to health, nutrition, GBV, and WASH activities. In late 2014 and early 2015, IRC received additional funds from SV, SIDA, USAID, and UNICEF to carry out education, child protection, general protection, emergency food distributions, shelter support, and NFI distributions to newly displaced IDPs. In late 2015 into early 2016, IRC received Swiss and UNHCR funds for additional emergency response humanitarian-focused programming in NE Nigeria.
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer, the Recruitment Assistant serves as support for recruitment related activities as well as provision of recruitment support to ensure effective and efficient execution of processes, projects and activities.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Senior Talent Acquisition Officer
- Support the Recruitment Team in achieving the core objectives to:
- Provide professional support to hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process, from offer to start as well as ensuring appropriate resources are deployed to achieve the mission’s values and principles.
- Ensure national staff benefits, data and information administration are carried out effectively, in close coordination with supervisors/managers and administrators at all bases to ensure smooth delivery of internal services to employees.
- Provide comprehensive support function to the HR team for adhoc tasks and future organizational projects.
- Participate in the coordination of all aspects of recruitment and selection process including; scheduling interviews and tests with candidates, provide feedback as appropriate and conduct reference checks and back ground checks.
- Prepare recruitment materials and documents as required.
- Support the Senior Talent Acquisition Officer to ensure the maintenance of IRC recruitment module and all candidates receive timely communication and feedback.
- Draft offer letters and employment contracts and all other employee related letters for all national employees including collection and maintenance of new starters’ documents.
- Maintenance of recruitment data such job descriptions, interview grids, reference checks tests.
- Ensure consistency in the filing system of Abuja and Base HR Documents.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Work effectively as a member of the HR team to ensure optimization of resources across the team as well as delivering consistency and effectiveness of practice.
- Other relevant duties and project work as directed by the Senior Talent Officer.
- Maintenance of high technical standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following IRC Nigeria staff regulations
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access and Microsoft Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication and time management skills
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by deadline
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Hausa
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Willing to adhere to and carry out the IRC rules.
- Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software.
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management /Business Administration and relevant field required
- Not less than 12 months work experience in Human Resources, Recruitment and Talent Management
Standards for Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Rescue Committee (IRC) career website on rescue.csod.com to apply