Our Client, a reputable firm is looking to fill the role COMPANY LAWYER.
To head the legal functions and activities including rendering of in-house legal opinions on all possible contentious matters having impact on legal, regulatory & business issues, and ensure full compliance, and ethical business conduct.
To coordinate all arrangements for meetings of the Board to ensure that they are properly organized and conducted, and to implement all necessary policies and procedures, and governance structures to ensure that the Company complies with the Memorandum, Articles of Association and its statutory obligations.
To oversee procurement functions and activities and ensure required goods and services are acquired at the very best value, in the right quality, and quantity, at the right time, in the right place, and from the right sources for the direct benefit of the company.
With limits of delegated authority from the CEO, successful candidate will be responsible for achieving the following responsibilities:
- Manages all legal matters of the company ensuring that all contracts are properly negotiated, executed and filed.
- Provides internal legal services and acts as the chief legal advisory to the company on all legal, statutory and constitutional requirements to ensure that the organization is protected from all legal action.
- Develops and ensure implementation of procurement strategies and contractual arrangements in conjunction with heads of departments to achieve required outcomes and deliver value for money.
- Develops and monitors the implementation of procurement, purchasing and stores accounting policies and procedures to maintain economy and efficiency of business operations.
- Facilitates and coordinates a competitive procurement tendering process to establish the most appropriate procurement arrangement, taking account of procurement policies and procedures within the company.
- Creates, administer, and monitors the implementation, and updates company legal related policies and procedures designed to ensure that the organization and its employees comply with required laws and regulations.
- Oversees the company legal process and compliance, legal matters pertaining to site acquisition, management of community issues, permits and permits approvals, contracts and Contractual agreements, and company secretarial duties.
- Drafts and negotiates all legal contracts and verifies the drawing of contracts and other legal documents and ensures the safe custody of security documents.
- Ensures internal compliance and with appropriate law of the land and provides legal advice, service (including standardization, drafting, legal opinion, strategic advice) and consultation to internal stakeholder in the company.
- Min of LLB and LL.M degree from a reputed university
- Must be a Certified qualified lawyer
- Over 10 years’ experience of post qualification experience to have worked in corporate legal area preferably in a multinational company
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have advanced understanding of company operations, commercial transactions and company secretarial.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact across to the board and management with confidence and authority.
- Ability to deal with complex problems and ability in applying judgment and independent reasoning in situations where applicable precedence and laws may not exist.
Method of Application
Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted. Interested Candidates should forward CV’s “MS WORD FORMAT” to email@example.com Using “COMPANY SECRETARY” as the mail subject.