Admin Transit Specialist at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) - Switzerland
Posted on: 14 October, 2019
Deadline: 24 October, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
Type of Contract: 6 months fixed term
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Administrative specialist responsible for the management of staff movements and associated processes according to MSF's standards and procedures and the local legislation in order to ensure the smooth running of MSF's activities.
- In conjunction with headquarters, managing visas, plane tickets and associated required processes for the arrival and departure of international staff from the country
- Coordinating the movements of staff (local and international) and related administrative formalities (passports, visas, per diems) with the projects and headquarters
- Ensuring contact with external partners to stay informed on policies and procedures related to movements, entry/work regulations (immigration, UN, airline companies…)
- Being responsible for all administrative tasks required for personnel transiting through the capital (incl. transportation, briefings, financial matters and lodging)
- Ensuring the update of movement-related tools and Mission contact information and their regular distribution (incl. movement lists and evacuation/lists).
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility (administrative assistants, housekeeping staff)in order to im-prove people capabilities and to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Being in charge of the preparation of per diems, modes of telecommunication, and housing/rooming assignments ensuring proper management of guesthouses (furniture, cleaning, food)
- As the line manger to the FIN/HR assistant, provide supervision to make purchases of goods and services necessary to run the Abuja office/guest house. As an HR supervisor to the national staff, he/she manages them to maintain high standard of work ethics in the office.
- Carrying out Finance related activities, in close relation with the Finance Manager,ensuring taxes and national social insurances compliance, transparency on accountancy as well as coherent information on service supply chain processes
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with HR department the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction/briefing, evaluation, potential detection, etc.) of the national staff under his/her responsibility as specified by the line manager and the administrative and logistic processes (end of contract, accommodation, extension of mission, early return, etc) of the international staff of the project in order to ensure an efficient staff sizing, facilitating its reception, movements and legal compliance
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator, defining/updating the project security policy, implementing the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy in order to ensure people’s security.
- Participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, logistical statistics, etc
- Being responsible for the filing of administrative documents according to MSF standards and local legislation. Sending required documentation to HQ in a timely manner.
- Degree in Administration related studies
- Essential working experience of at least two years in related position
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: firstname.lastname@example.org with as subject “Admin Transit Abuja’’
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Medecins Sans FrontieresSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Opportunities at Action Against Hunger
- Humanitarian Child Protection Manager at Save the Children Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at Mercy Corps
- Medical Doctor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) - Switzerland
- Job Vacancies at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Latest Jobs at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Deputy Safety Advisor at The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)