Jobs at IAN Associates
Posted on: 14 July, 2014
Deadline: 31 July, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at IAN Associates
IAN Associates is recruiting for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Perform routine maintenance procedures, such as rotating tires, changing the oil, lubricating engine parts and tuning up the electrical system, including inspecting belts, hoses and mechanical systems to be sure that all are operating properly.
- Repair, remove and replace old or broken parts such as pistons and rods in the engine, rebuilding faulty assemblies such as steering systems, repairing or replacing brakes and repairing heating, cooling and electrical systems.
- Repair or replace transmissions, shock absorbers, carburetors, distributors, radiators, ignition systems and a host of other circuits, parts or systems. Fix or adjust a car's accessories such as windshield wipers, radios and mirrors.
- With aid of computers, diagnose troubleshot, spot problems with engine oil pressure and ignitions suing pressure indicators and voltage meters. Use power wrenches, welding torches and hand, special tools including pliers, scanners, screwdrivers etc.
- Keep equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems. Efficient use of workshop consumables. Stores and retrieves vehicles by driving and parking vehicles.
- Keeps workshop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Record and make available on request, the results of vehicle inspection on a checklist or any other database required by the Workshop Supervisor and/or Management.
- To use technical skills in maintenance / servicing and repairs of light or heavy vehicles
- To aid diagnostic capability and problem solving in workshop department using modern diagnostics tools and equipments.
- Demonstrate strong maintenance / servicing and repairs speciality in one or more of key Nigerian Automobile brands: Toyota, Hyundai, Peugeot, BMW, Honda, Mitsubishi, Mercedes Benz Etc.
- Efficiently carry out routine and complete / heavy maintenance, servicing and repairs in one or more of Technical diagnostics, Mechanical, Electrical, Air Conditioning, Wheel Aligning & Tyre Fitting on light or heavy vehicles.
- To deliver first time, first fix within manufacturers recommended time.
- To follow the Policy & Procedure of the organization.
- To provide technical guidance, coaching and support to the technical teams.
Qualification and Requirements:
- 5 years in similar role
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical or general engineering background. Lower qualifications with good experience is acceptable
- Experience in Workshop team structures is an added advantage
- Experience in Computerized Job Management is an added advantage
go to method of application »
- Ensure that the Service Department achieves target objectives by ongoing (period by period) examination of accounts, daily & weekly operating controls, system information, industry reports and public domain information and manufacturer’s composite figures (monthly).
- Ensure that corrective action is taken where adverse variations to target achievement occur or inadequate performance is suspected. Instigate actions and strategies to bring about necessary improvements
- Ensure accurate recording of parts and service times, job costing and invoicing in the Service Department.
- Ensure premises, tools, equipment and other dealership assets are controlled and used effectively to complete customer repairs within time expectations.
- Improve on the quality of commitment to customer service and retention by enhanced facilities, improved technical skills and high standards of quality workmanship as well as best practice in customer handling and communication
- Maintain daily workshop timekeeping and labour productivity records to monitor the effective use of technician and productive labour. Monitor hours attended and worked in order to achieve labour efficiency targets.
- Maintain close scrutiny of developments and events within the motor industry which will impact on future business opportunity, legislation or trading practices.
- Establish the levels of staff required to achieve the established organisational targets and objectives.
- Recruit and train Service Department staff, subject to authority delegated to line Managers.
- Recruit the agreed number of apprentices and trainees. Ensure that training and development processes are fully maintained so that future productive personnel requirements are satisfied.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a Diploma in a relevant discipline
- 10-15 years experience
- Excellent managerial skills
- Excellent problem solving and managerial skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IAN AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- 2017 KPMG Nigeria Graduate Trainee Programme
- Human Resources Consultant at Fadac Resources
- Latest Vacancies at TAC Professional Services
- Associate Consultants at Management Alternatives Ltd
- Office/Event Managers at a Kiddies Event Planning Company - SD Capital Resources Limited
- Graduate Associate Consultant (Business Development Officer) at Simeon's Pivot Resources
- Latest Jobs at AFM Recruit
- HR Consultants at Harvel & Carst Outsourcing Company