Our client is a financial institution that creates value to its clientele by delivering expert financial services.
In line with the bank’s continuous drive to ensure availability of skills internally to adequately support achievement of corporate goals, the bank is seeking an experienced individual to be the bank’s UK’s primary point of contact in Lagos and build awareness of its activities amongst local corporate & commercial banking relationship managers with the objective of originating new corporate banking, trade finance & treasury business.
1. Establish an annual sales & marketing plan (including quantitative targets for the generation of new business for the bank in the areas of:
• Corporate Banking (operational banking, lending & foreign exchange)
• Deposits (from institutional & corporate clients)
• Trade Finance (from corporate clients & other banks)
2. Generate of quarterly report for review to compare actual work done against budgeted in order to revalidate & monitor progress.
3. Make presentations to relationship management teams in Corporate & Commercial Banking as the local “subject matter expert” in respect of the products and services which the bank can make available to their clients.
4. Attend client meetings to support these relationship managers and help them build awareness of the bank’s UK’s capabilities and sell its products and services.
5. To seek and refer realistic business opportunities to the bank and assist in finalizing proposals & completing post sanction administration
6. To keep an up to date report on market developments, pricing trends, competitor activity & commercial practices in Nigeria & communicate these monthly to the UK team.
• Marketplace Knowledge
• Understanding of complex financing methods
• Knowledge of UK and Nigerian Corporate Banking environment
• Credit Risk Management
• Business Acumen
• Product Knowledge
• Cultivating Networks
• Communication skill
• Business Presentation Skills
• Customer Needs Identification
• Marketing & Sales
• Customer Relationship Management
• Understanding of CBN Monetary Policies
• Understanding of Financial Markets & Instruments
• Knowledge of Banking Operation
The profile calls for the individual in the job to have the ability to inspire others to achieve profitable results.
The job occupant will ideally be a positive person, who is persuasive, self-starting, self-reliant, venturesome, optimistic, enthusiastic, active, mobile, impatient for results and stubbornly independent.
A first degree. Possession of a post graduate qualification would provide an advantage
At least 10 years of relevant banking experience with good knowledge of UK and Nigerian Corporate Banking products, including Transaction banking.