Our client is a financial institution that creates value to its clientele by delivering expert financial services.
In line with the bank’s continuous drive to ensure availability of skills internally to adequately support achievement of corporate goals, the bank is seeking an experienced HR Business Partner to develop and implement an effective People Strategy for assigned area of responsibility; ensuring the alignment of HR systems and processes with business priorities.
Drive bottom-line business performance through the creation of an effective and efficient sales ‘organization’ where maximizing engaging employees is at the heart of every interaction.
• Act as the Interface between the business and HR Services on all HR related matters such as recruitment, redeployment, payroll validation, HMO issues, grievance issues etc
• Provide HR policy guidance, interpretation and lead on the implementation of new HR policies and processes.
• Support line Managers in identifying/forecasting region-wide capacity needs, and ensure continuous availability of highly skilled candidates. Ensure a robust talent pipeline to meet the future needs of the functions through identifying, developing and appropriately stretching talent at every level.
• Act as a catalyst, stimulating high engagement through better manager behaviours – including appropriate configuration of people, products and processes - which ensure employee needs are satisfied and managers/employees are playing to their strengths.
• Live the commitments of the bank’s employee brand promise, acting as a role model for others and relentlessly focusing employees on the Bank’s values and the behaviours associated with upholding them.
• Proactively form credible relationships to influence and make a difference to the people agenda and to the people within assigned business area.
• Proactively coach leadership teams within their area of responsibility both as a team and as individuals to drive business performance through high engagement.
• Collaborate with colleagues across HR Services to ensure continuous improvement in the function operating model for alignment to the corporate strategy using all available data to assess effectiveness and demonstrate proactivity in surfacing and securing resolution to points of misalignment.
• Collaborate with the HR Services Units in the roll out of all HR programmes: bi-annual performance reviews, engagement surveys, Talent Mgt reviews, etc to agree stakeholder engagement, drive functional strategies, processes and messages at the regional/business level.
The behavioural competencies of the job include the ability to:
- Smooth relationships when difficult circumstances prevail and develop a culture of trust both within and outside the team.
- Meet people with ease and motivate them to constantly seek new opportunities and achieve high standards.
- Generally motivate people to give their best results, encouraging them and recognizing their performance when things go well. Apprise them of improvements which can and should be made when performance is below standard.
- Provide optimum levels of leadership and, if required, encouragement, training and support in order to help others to achieve their results and meet their budgets.
- Seek ways of perfecting processes and systems. Raise standards, reduce errors and prevent omissions.
- Apply a systematic and logical approach in order to achieve accurate results.
- Take appropriate decisions whilst, at the same time, ensuring that others do likewise.
- Set clear objectives, monitor progress, take corrective action and control performance levels.
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an proactive approach, be willing to become involved in order to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives.
The ideal person for this position will be positive, participative, self-confident, friendly, self-starting, competitive, inquisitive, imaginative, factual, consistent and somewhat conventional and self-disciplined.
Activity, mobility, flexibility, variety and pace are also likely to be important aspects within the function. The incumbent may prove to be a cautious decision maker due to the need for perfection and getting things right.
The profile calls for the individual in the job to have the ability to inspire others to achieve profitable results.
The job occupant will ideally be a positive person, who is persuasive, self-starting, self-reliant, venturesome, optimistic, enthusiastic, active, mobile, impatient for results and stubbornly independent.
A first degree. An MBA or masters/professional qualification in would provide a strong advantage.
A minimum of 8 years’ experience, 6 years of which must involve the management of complexities in human resource management.