Established in 2002, the Federal College of Education, Osiele Model Secondary is a private Secondary school located in the outskirt of Abeolcuta. It is a fast growing co-educational institution with boarding facilities.
Applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position of Principal Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta Model Secondary School
- The position of principal is meant for a dynamic, industrious and ambitious individual with proven evidence of good leadership qualities to move the secondary school to a higher stratum and help its growth and development. The school will demand plenty of drive resourcefulness and dedication from the Principal.
- The principal will be responsible to the model School management Board for the day-to-day general administration and supervision of the School. He/She will be responsible for the future directions and desired success of the collaborative educational and administrative leadership for the management and prompt implementation of curriculum, policies and decisions put in place by the management board of the School.
- The successful candidate must be sound in mind and possess high degree of personal drive as well as rounded education for the up-bringing of students of wide range of culture and economic background.
In addition, he/she should have:
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills in addition to computer Literacy
- Ability to plan and assume responsibility for financial management including accurate planning and budgeting.
- Ability to keep all school records that may be required by regulations
- A high level of personal and professional skill in dealing with students, parents, teaching and non-teaching staff and general public.
- Ability to plan system and manage human and materials resources effectively
- Strong ability to be pro-active, coordinate, prioritise and organise in. the institution
- Ability to create and maintain extensive network of contacts within and outside the Nigeria Education System.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate should have a good honours degree in Education. Masters in Education will be an added advantage.
- He/She must be a certified Teacher (Registered by TRCN)
- He/She should have a minimum of 14 years of post qualification teaching experience and at least 7 years of working experience as a Vice Principal or Principal.
Method of Application
Candidate should address their application with twenty (20) copies of their credentials and Curriculum Vitae in the order stated below:
(i) Name in Full (surname first in capital letters)
(ii) Date of Birth
(iii) Place of Birth
(vi) Marital Status
(viii) Town and State of Origin
(ix) Local Government Area
(x) Senatorial District
(xi) Contact Address
(xii) Phone Number
(xiii) E-mail Address
(xiv) Present Employer
(xv) Present post and salary (both level & Amount)
(xvi) Post Applied for
02. Educational Background
(i) Educational Institutions Attended (with dates)
(ii) Academic and Professional Qualification (with Dates)
(iii) Prizes, Honours, National and International Recognition
03. Work Experience
04. Special Assignments /Community Service
06. Membership of Professional Bodies
07. Extra Curricular Activities
09. References (Three)
Applicants should request their nominated referees to forward their reports under separate confidential report to:
Federal College of Education,
P.M. B. 2096,