Novartis International AG provides healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies – products to prevent and treat diseases, ease suffering and enhance quality of life.
The Novartis portfolio focuses on science-based healthcare sectors that are growing and reward innovation, such as pharmaceuticals, eye care and generics.
Novartis is the only company with leading positions in each of these areas. Novartis research is driven by a distinctive clinical and scientific strategy focusing on unmet medical need and knowledge of disease.
Corporate social responsibility is an integral part of how Novartis operates and key to our success. We focus on improving access to healthcare globally, and our Malaria Initiative has become one of the largest access-to-medicine programs in the healthcare industry, as measured by patients reached.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis Group companies employ approximately 121,000 associates and operate in more than 140 countries around the world.
Job Purpose :
To expand Capacity Building targeted at health professionals, national malaria program leaders and logistics/procurement specialists, by fostering knowledge transfer, encouraging sharing of learnings and best practices, with the ultimate goal to improve the effectiveness of interventions including case-management with Novartis portfolio of anti-malaria medicines, serving vulnerable malaria patients.
To drive operations for the Malaria Initiative in sub-Saharan Africa and be the ‘person to-go-to’ for our stakeholders in the pan-African region.
Major activities :
ORGANIZE ANNUAL WORKSHOP FOR NATIONAL MALARIA PROGRAM MANAGERS
- Lead program development and faculty liaison
- Select theme/content in the healthcare delivery continuum where improvements yield largest increase in effectiveness of Coartem and Coartem Dispersible.
- Propose third party institutions (e.g. academic institutions) as collaborative partners.
DEVELOP AND DISSEMINATE TOOLS TO FOSTER CAPACITY BUILDING
- Determine topics for Capacity Building ensuring that they address relevant challenges for NMCP leaders and their partners in malaria healthcare delivery.
- Select partners, in consultation with NMCP managers, to disseminate Capacity Building tools
- Develop platform to facilitate sharing of best practices by NMCP manager in between Novartis hosted workshops.
- Add functionality and innovation to the platform to exchange proven practices, connect with colleagues to improve health outcomes of malaria programs.
PREPARE THE MARKET FOR THE LAUNCH OF NEW FORMULATIONS AND MOLECULES
- Drive (pre-)launch activities for introduction of Coartem 80/480 in public sector.
- Ensure that Coartem 80/480 is listed in malaria treatment guidelines, procurement/tender specifications.
- Provide commercial input into development of new molecules based on input/insights from public sector stakeholders.
MANAGE OPERATIONS FOR THE MALARIA INITIATIVE IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA
- Be the Malaria Initiative’s point of contact for SSA-based stakeholders in the public sector
- Provide local follow up for procurement related matters, in consultation with Key Account & Demand Director
- Serve as Malaria Initiative’s spokesperson to media, in consultation with Head of Communications
- Organize field trips/roadshows for Basel-based staff, international journalists, Novartis associates, as required
Key Performance Indicators :
- Number of countries and level of seniority of stakeholders actively participating in capacity building program, with distinction between ‘supply’ side, i.e. offering learning and best practices, and the ‘receiving’ or ‘demand’ side, i.e. those you are the beneficiaries of the program.
- Quality of tools developed to foster capacity building, i.e. overall concept, case studies, approaches to link the learning community in between workshops
- Number of countries listing Coartem 80/480 in tender specifications; number of countries adopting Coartem 80/480 through procurement
- Timeliness of communication and preparation of workshops / seminars / road shows
- Compliance with NP4 and local regulatory requirements (no audit issues)
Desired Skills and Experience
Education: University degree (Business, Medical Degree, Public Health)
Languages: Fluency in English, working knowledge of French is an advantage
Experience/Professional requirements :
- Thorough knowledge of and network in African countries (organization of health care system, local regulatory approval processes, marketing, supply chain, and governance).
- Experience in private sector organization, ideally in the health sector.
- Background in academic institution with teaching responsibility
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.