FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Uses data entry tools to collect clinical trial data. Creates and maintains patient files and archives containing all clinica l trial data and related documentation. Performs data query and data coding activities. Provides expertise in the design, implementation, and management of research data collection and quality assurance tools and systems. For PQC only- Compiles the test data generated by the testing laboratories and assists in preparing reports to clients. Manages the storage and archiving of laboratory test data and reports. Conducts special queries and manages all aspects of product quality information.
- Inserts and modifies data in clinical databases from case report forms and other data collection instruments using clinical data collection systems.
- Logs incoming clinical trial documents and ensures that documents are correctly routed through the data operations and clinical trials groups.
- Maintains patient and principal investigator files.
- Compiles requested information on patient files and clinical documentation for data operations and clinical personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provides support for the data query process.
- Researches Case Report Forms (CRF) data to ensure accuracy and completion of forms.
- Assigns final statuses to queries.
- Documents the status of queries generated and resolved.
- Documents the status of data coding activities.
- Enters revisions of approved and documented query changes to the clinical database.
- Under the supervision of State Coordinator and the M&E directorate, the Database Officer will be responsible for the day to day operations of data collection, data processing and sharing of aggregate data with all level of government health administration and NMCP.
- He/She will be responsible for the planning, maintenance and development of organizational databases and ensure data integrity at the state DPRS and the SMCP offices.
- Database officer will be in charge of storing, organizing, presenting, using and analyzing data using existing and any new database management software, including setting up new computer databases or integrating data from old systems to new systems.
- Knowledge of DHIS (1.4/2.0) and other routine and patient based health information System software.
- Regularly performs routine tests and modifications to ensure the database approach incorporates the following principles: (i) data remains consistent across the database; (ii) data is clearly defined; (iii) users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs; (iv) there is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Ability to manage large data using MySQL/Postgre-SQL RDBMS and understand the concept of Software life cycle
- Other responsibilities include the design new databases and creation of dashboards products, charts, pivot reports, automated data output generation, reports and statistics.
- Regularly performs routine tests and modifications to ensure that a database is performing and running correctly. Troubleshoots the programs and hardware in case of problems; and propose necessary repairs or changes needed to fix the problem.
- The database officer will be expected to support data collation at the LGA level, the state DPRS, the state malaria control program office and the MAPS office.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mathematics/Computer Science or related discipline, with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience
- or Masters degree with a minimum 1-3 years’ experience in Malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS or Development related area and experience working with NGOs and CBOs required.
- A post-graduate degree in a related Medical Statistics and Epidemiology discipline is an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale