Associate Lawyer at a Law Firm - Pivotage Consulting
Posted on: 7 October, 2019
Deadline: 14 October, 2019
View Jobs in Law / Legal
View All Jobs at Pivotage Consulting
Pivotage Consulting - Our client, a full service commercial and litigation law firm located in Lekki Phase One, Lagos State requires the skills of an experienced Associate, an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team for the position below:
Job Code: MN/1101/AL
Location: Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria.
Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Chambers
- The Associate Lawyer is required to demonstrate significant experience and breadth of knowledge of litigation practices. To proffer sound legal advice, diligently conduct cases and represent clients to achieve a favorable outcome, And also advise on technical, strategic and procedural aspects across the spectrum of problems although the focus will be providing advice on a broad range of legal and commercial matters, be involved in negotiations and legal drafting.
- Providing high quality legal service to all clients
- Receive requests for legal advice from current and potential clients and decide on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests
- Examining legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuit.
- Gathering evidence to initiate legal actions or formulate defense, by such means as interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of the case.
- Upon receipt of court processes, carry out the required action in accordance with court instructions and set duration.
- Managing and monitoring cases through the enforcement process ensuring that all activities are completed in the required timelines and conform to court rules.
- Conducting legal research on a variety of legal issues leading to the preparation of technically sound legal opinions, reports, and papers, summarizing results and including recommendations respecting implementation, form of response or course of action to be taken.
- Provide expert and timely advice on law, legal procedures and wide range of associated issues.
- Negotiate, draft, and finalize terms and conditions for a wide range of agreements and contracts and other legal documents (such as service agreements, master agreements, financing agreements, supply agreements, lease and construction agreements, joint venture agreements, non-disclosure agreements).
- Reviewing and interpreting agreements, policies, procedures, and other relevant documentation to identify problems with respect to legality, enforceability, form and substance, and recommendations.
- Providing commercially focused legal transactional advice on company formation, articles of association, shareholders agreements, joint venture agreements, board minutes and resolutions
- Excellent legal risk awareness, evaluation and management skills including an ability to create solutions and deliver pragmatic outcome-focused judgments that take account of the business environment.
- Tracking and reviewing legislative bills to identify areas of likely impacts on the operations of clients and potential clients at large
- Monitoring and reporting on the promulgation of new laws and regulations in Nigeria.
- Responsible for ensuring effective management of time, effort and resources in order to generate maximum efficiencies
- Make a constructive contribution to the non-chargeable activities of the firm
- Undertake special task and perform other related duties as assigned in accordance with the Firm’s objectives
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Degree in Law and having preferably obtained a 2:1 or above although all applications will be considered Master of Laws LLM will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience with a reputable firm.
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of IT particularly Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and willing to learn new packages.
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proactive and strong team-working ethos.
- Articulate and confident, able to summarise and present arguments quickly and concisely. Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be keen to innovate and be successful at formulating and implementing strategies and plans.
- First-rate communication skills - both written and verbal and ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the firm
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, whilst maintaining levels of productivity appropriate to a busy litigation firm Strong desire for research Must be able to multitask and keep calm under pressure
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format only) only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Associate Lawyer" as the subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Pivotage ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Legal Counsel at a leading Law Firm - MasterMindsHRSG Consulting
- Secretary/Typist at a Reputable Law Firm - Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited
- Facilities/Admin Officer at a Reputable Law Firm - Apata & Ascott Limited
- Secretary (Typist) at a Legal Firm - Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Front Desk Officer/Admin at a Reputable Law Firm - Michael Stevens Consulting
- Fresh Jobs at GM George - Taylor & Co.
- Digital Marketing Executive at Greeley LLP
- NYSC Interns at Pentagon Partners Legal Practitioners