WFO International - Our firm provides accounting and business advisory services to ambitious owner-managed businesses, large corporations and not-for-profit organisations. With the mission to be a leading provider of quality Audit, Tax and Advisory services through high level expertise and exceptional client service, our professionals commit their skills and common ethic of innovative thinking to deliver value for our clients.
Our client, a leading construction company is looking for a reliable qualified Client Service Officer.
Provide a direct channel of communication between the company and their customers. The Client Service Officer will handle queries, contact company’s existing clients, deal with client orders/issues, and also, seek out prospective clientele. S/he will be responsible for providing required information and developing strong relationship with clients for better understanding of how to meet their needs.
- Prepare everything from tenders at the start, to final bills of quantities.
- Ensure all work at every stage of a project is completed on time, within budget and to the correct standard.
- Ensure that materials for projects are suitable for the job and the environment
- Plan and oversee costs from the beginning to the end of a project.
- Manage and plan all costs associated with all types of construction projects, from outset until completion.
- Consult and negotiate with a wide of people, from site workers to directors, professionally and fairly
- Create and maintain working partnerships and relationships, both internally and externally
- Work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities / projects simultaneously - both short and long term.
- Provide supervisory support and training to other staff members of the company.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 2.2 Bachelor Degree/HND/ (or equivalent qualification) in a relevant Course, such as civil, Structural Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Construction.
- Training in project management and construction procurement will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in use of IT systems such as Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project or similar and accountancy software.
- Must be able to organize and prioritise workloads to meet required targets/deadlines
- Able to understand and adhere to the company's regulations and procedures and to effectively assimilate procedural and technical detail
- Must be flexible in regard to working across all aspects of the business, and long hours to meet deadlines.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the same role (post NYSC).
- Self-motivated and able to work as part of a team.
- Must be concerned with doing the best possible job at the best possible price.
- In-depth experience of Quantity Surveying work, associated procedures and practices.
- Experience in Project management, Budget management and Construction procurement.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in speaking and in writing.
- Must be able to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes, along with excellent numerical skills.
- Knowledgeable in building law and regulations, and understand legal implications of any decisions.
- Enthusiasm and leadership potential and be able to think innovatively and work on own initiative.
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for the construction industry.
- Analytical ability and numerical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should please send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position being applied for in the subject line of their email.