Monitoring & Evaluation Associate at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Posted on: 10 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Management Sciences For Health -
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Pro-ACT is an MSH-implemented project in Nigeria that aims at supporting State Ministries of Health and State Agencies for the Control of AIDS (SACA) to deliver comprehensive HIV/AIDS/TB services—including providing antiretroviral therapy for the hundreds of thousands of people in need in Nigeria. The project through the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) funding is set to achieve its goals of a strengthened health system for improved service delivery by the year 2014.
The key expectations of the M&E Associate’s position is to support the state M&E Specialist in ensuring that MSH’s M&E system within the state is well positioned to provide continuous technical guidance, capacity building, M&E systems strengthening to MSH supported facilities, Community Based Organizations, the Local and State M&E Teams.
- Supporting the M&E Specialist by guiding the data clerks and facility M&E Officers review patient level information into the appropriate Patient Monitoring and Management (PMM) forms and registers on a routine basis.
- Support the data clerks and facility M&E Officers in ensuring that the folder management systems within the facilities are well functional and able to ensure prompt retrieval of patient records
Data Collection & Reporting
- The M&E associate will be responsible for data collection, gathering, collation and validation from the health facilities, CBOs and other supported organizations.
- The M&E associate will support the M&E specialist in ensuring high data quality to meet our funder’s data demands and other national and international expectations.
- The M&E associate will support the M&E specialist in managing the state database and ensuring that their state teams and country office readily have access to data for driving decision making.
- The M&E associate will be responsible for data entry into the District Health Information System (DHIS 2.0) for both MSH and the USG DHIS 2.1 instance platform.
- Any other Duties assigned by the M & E Specialist
- Degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria. Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART, palliative care, and OVC desirable
- Good writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Management Sciences For Health - MSHSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Jhpiego
- Latest Job Opportunity at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
- Graduate Intern Recruitment at The United Nations
- Latest Jobs at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Fresh Vacancies at Diamond Development Initiatives (DDI)
- Job Openings at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Supply Chain Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Job Openings at UN Women