At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global community. Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We offer: This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization. This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
• Plan, design and execute appropriate courses to the learner group with the support of the Training Supervisor.
• Provide educational instruction in assigned subject areas to include reading, writing & simple arithmetic.
• Prepare and administer written, oral and performance tests, and issue grades in accordance with performance.
• Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra assistance.
• Assign and grade class work and homework
• Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities
• Maintains the training database, with electronic records of all courses completed by employees with attendance, grades, final report, and so forth. Updates the database as required, but regularly, so that current information is always available.
• Use computers, audiovisual aids and other training equipment and material to supplement presentations.
• Guide and counsel employee with adjustment and /or academic problems, or special academic interests.
• Prepare reports on employees and activities as required by administration
• University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or related field.
• Requires at least three to five years of experience working in a similar role.
• Requires some previous experience that demonstrates an ability to train others and give instructions.
• Requires the ability to communicate both in English & Pidgin English.
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Tools.
• Highly diligent and committed to the highest standards of professional service.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Caring and motivated by the best interests of his/her students.
• Enthusiasm for the subject material that will foster a love of learning by students.
• Willing to engage in ongoing professional development.
• Ability to relate well to different groups of students of different ages and ability levels.
• Team-player who can collaborate with colleagues.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.