Regional Institutional Funding Manager at Sightsavers
Posted on: 10 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
Sightsavers is an international charity which works to combat blindness in developing countries, restoring sight through specialist treatment and eye care. We also support people who are irreversibly blind by providing education, counselling and training. We help the people who need it most - those living in poverty in some of the world's poorest countries.
- Sightsavers has a fantastic opportunity for a Regional Institutional Funding Manager for West Africa to join a dynamic and high performing global institutional funding team at a most exciting time for the organisation.
- The post-holder will have the responsibility for the implementation of the institutional fundraising strategy in the West Africa Region with particular focus on raising and growing income from institutional donors. The post-holder will support regional and country capacity in grant management including donor reporting, proposal development, development and management of grant information systems as well as line management of the institutional funding officer for West Africa.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of raising and managing significant funding from a range of institutional donors such as DFID, USAID and EC. Experience of support and capacity building of non-programme funding specialists in grant applications and grant management is essential. You will be numerate, capable of speaking French and English, good communicator able to manage multiple priorities. Some international travel will be required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Preference for a master’s degree in international development or related issues with extensive experience working in institutional or statutory funding for an International development organisation.
- Proven track record of having raised and managed significant funding from a range of institutional donors such as DFID, USAID and EC.
- Experience of support and capacity building of non-programme funding specialists in grant applications and grant management
Skills (special training or competence):
- Established relationships with major multilateral and bilateral donors
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Ability to speak French and English
- Numerate and ability to use Excel
- Ability to co-ordinate projects
- Ability to lead, manage and deliver.
- Willingness to travel overseas and within the region whenever necessary.
- Financial Data: Expenditure Responsibility, Payroll Expenditure (Including Pension)
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Jobs at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Senior Program Coordinator at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Job Opportunities at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Latest Job Openings at Plan International
- Head of Field Office at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- Support Manager at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- HIV Officer at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Latest Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)