GE is an advanced technology, services and capital company with the scale, resources and expertise to take on the world’s toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in the areas of energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, we’re committed to leadership, integrity, partnership and human progress.
GE businesses ranging from Aviation, Capital, Oil & Gas, Energy Management, Power and Water, Healthcare, Transportation and Home & Business Solutions have operations on the African continent. Major locations include Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. Over 1300 employees are working in the region, creating local partnerships and providing solutions & services that supports Africa’s infrastructure and sustainable growth. We are also dedicated to knowledge transfer, whether it is providing technical expertise to customers by hosting customer summits, to developing young local talent through unique programs such as the Early Career Development Program.
GE Oil & Gas is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Number: 1975934
Location: Lagos, Luanda, Accra, Maputo, Angola, Ghana, Mozambique, Nigeria
The Sub Sahara Field Service Leader will be responsible for the day-to-day regional execution of quality field service work in Sub-Sahara and will support the development of strategic initiatives for future growth.
- Establish outstanding level of quality in execution phase taking the ownership of the Site Activities Execution into the region and implementing the procedure described in the Quality Management System for Operation Excellence
- Drive excellence in the core operating foundations (EHS, Compliance, Quality), Working directly with EHS, compliance and quality leadership on operational rhythms and issues as they arise. Ensure all laws, regulations and guidelines are followed.
- Develop short and long-range business plans based on P&L forecasts and region business commitments (i.e. number of resources, training plans, logistics, direct hires, technical support, planning etc.)
- Support Leadership Regional Team and customer needs for field service execution, building Strong relation and process with Field Service ITO and OTR P&Ls Organization (TMS & DTS) to have a continuous control of the workload (backlog & forecast), highlighting well in advance the needs in terms of personnel and of training for personnel.
- Meet business financial Targets such as FSE utilization, Costs, worked hours, OCPH are achieved.
- Work with the HR and Resources teams to grow the regional pool of resources and support the assigned Service Managers leading the management of regional FSEs according to the local business requirements.
- Liaise with internal GE groups and business units across the globe to develop strong relationships for execution quality and productivity
- Coordinate the Regional Team assuring the achievement of On Time Start, On Time Duration, As Built Drawing closure, Technical Briefing, Technical De-Briefing targets are achieved and guarantee the mobilizations in compliance with immigration regulations into the assigned countries.
- Interact with the other Regional Leaders, Operational Excellence and Fulfillment teams to support the FSEs demand and guarantee the assignment of right skills to meet customer requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical Discipline from accredited college or university
- At least 7 years of experience in a field leadership role in service or project management
- Proved knowledge of SSA Oil&Gas Industry e Business dynamics
- Ability to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Strong EHS, compliance, and quality mindset
- English fluency
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Strong project management skills managing remote teams and multiple cultures
- Strong customer service orientation and extensive customer interface experience
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills working in a regional and matrix model
- Experience in resource planning and cost analysis
- Ability to work at all levels of the organization and cross functionality within a matrixed organization
- Financial acumen
- Experience in installation and field service activities of the following equipment: heavy-duty gas turbines, centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, centrifugal pumps, and turbo-expanders
- Experience leading large teams of >100 personnel
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt (GE Employees Only)
- Technical or operations background - Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale