The International Labour Organisation (ILO) Country Office in Abuja responsible For the Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and the Gambia Offices and Liaison Office for ECOWAS hereby announces the following vacancy in its ECOWAS Labour Migration Project funded by the European Union based in Abuja, Nigeria:
Level of post: GS
Location of post: Abuja
Type of contract: Fixed Term Appointment (50% Part Time)
Duration of post: 1 year (with the possibility of renewal)
Application closing date for post: One week from the date of publication
- The Finance/Administrative Assistant shall provide administrative and financial support to ECOWAS Labour Migration Project's management and staff
- Maintain up to date databases and detailed records/files of administrative operations, banks transactions, record of actions. minutes of meetings, seminars, etc.
- Undertake logistical. secretarial and protocol functions including travels, lodgings, payment of DSA, drafting of correspondences, documenting of contracts information, workshops, trainings, verification of works done, etc.
- Brief staff, experts and/or consultants on administrative procedures. Respond to queries from inside and outside the organization. Participate in internal meetings to provide information on administrative matters. Assist in preparation of project or programme documents, evaluation and reports
- Perform other activities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- The person must have good knowledge of administrative procedures and accounting principles, ability to search and retrieve information from central databases and compile reports, operate computer program and software packages for various administrative actions, good drafting skills, ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with officials at all levels and ability to work accurately with administrative data.
- Education - First level university degree in a relevant field.
- Experience - Five years of professional experience in the relevant occupational area.
- Languages - Excellent command of English and knowledge of French an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should please send their application and most recent CV to email@example.com
The ILO aims to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues. Individuals from minority groups. indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.