CEDPA Nigeria is currently transitioning to become a country office of Plan International. Plan works in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan's stated Global Strategic Goal (20ll-iS) is to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised, with high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits. Plan aims to achieve this goal by working in partnership with others and through high performing teams whose behaviours reflect the corporate values. Plan hasa global income of around $800m.
To build Plan-CEDPA's presence in Nigeria, there is an immediate need for the following roles which will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Reports to - Deputy Country Director
Purpose - Responsible for the overall administrative operations of the office, communication and HR management and administration as well as support to Country Director and Deputy Country Director.
General Office management and administration
- Contract management and lease management
- Ensure office supplies and required logistics are available
- Provides administrative support to Office of Country Director and Deputy Country Director
- Responsible for smooth running of general office operations
- Organize country management team meetings
- Event management - organize all international workshops and high profile visits
- Develop communication and PR annual plans, to improve communication both internally and externally to promote Plan to key audiences
- Budget management- manage communication and media engagement budget
- Media management - manage relationships with national media and journalistic networks
- Publications· support the production of Plan's corporate program reports/documents
- Contribute to sharing and learning about Plan's country program work through efficient use of internal and external communication channels and systems
Human Resources Management
- Manage end to end recruitment processes
- Manage Human Resources Information System
- Facilitate staff orientation, learning and development activities
- Coordinate staff performance appraisals
- Manage learning and development budget
- Update Staff files
- Organize people centred events
- Ensure adherence to HR policy and practices, consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements.
- University degree in Administration, HR, Social Science or relevont equivalent
- 5 years of relevant experience in development in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization in a multi cultural setting
- 3 or more years of middle level management responsibilities of similar size and complexity
- Working experience with government, donors, INGOs and international development organizations preferable
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills .
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a multi-cultural environment, including tile ability to build relationships with colleagues at long distances
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to de.liver to tight deadlines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task
- Fluency in English
- Strong written and oral communicatior skills and the ability to explain and visualize complex issues to expert and non-expert audiences, including presentation and public speaking
- Strong team building, motivational, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Leadership and coaching skills
- Flexible and committed to customer service
go to method of application »
Reports to - Chief Accountant
Purpose - Under the responsibility of the Chief Accountant, ensures that the accounting procedures for documentation of transactions of Funds Receipt and Disbursement are observed.
Accounting software Operation:
- Prepare payment, and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software
- Ensure that transactions are complete and accurate with self-explanatory and understandable description.
- Maintain the accounting software) log book.
- Maintain good filing for all vouchers in a limited access area to ensure easy retrieval.
- Support the monthly General ledger closure process.
Internal Financial Controls & Payments:
- Ensure that the documentation for payment is accurate with all arithmetic calculations being correct.
- Approved payment request should be processed within one week of receipt
- Prepare the Withholding tax and VAT schedule where relevant before payment is done.
- Attach receipt, material receiving report etc. promptly to the correct payment voucher.
- Pay the SSF and PAYE deductions per required dates
- Prepare and maintain the sub ledger for all advances (travel, purchase etc.).
- Ensure timely liquidation of staff advances.
- More than one advance should not be given to a staff at a time.
- Make available weekly to the Chief Accountant a list of all un-liquidated advances and support with the follow up of these advances.
Financial and Other Reports:
- Prepare CO's schedule report for the following:
- Prepaid Rent
- Prepaid Expenses
Assist in the Administration of Staff Payroll:
- Circulate monthly pay-slip to CO staff and project staff
- Salary signed sheets tor CO and project staff should be attached to payment voucher monthly.
- Completing and submitting monthly statutory SSF and PAYE forms to required Government Organizations.
Qualification and Experience:
- University degree in Accountingor relevant professional qualifications equivalent.
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role.
Method of Application
Interested applicants must submit their CVs with a cover letter addressed to email@example.com by 24th July, 2014. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.