Cargo Ground & Freighter Operations Officer at Qatar Airways
Posted on: 9 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View All Jobs at Qatar Airways
Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high. From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages and Doha based employees receive a range of allowances and enjoy a tax-free income.
About Your Job:
- The Officer Cargo Ground Handling & Freighter Operations is responsible for smooth cargo operations at the region through close coordination with the GHA's (Ground Handling Agent) and staff within the region.
- You will develop and implement strategies to enhance services offered while reducing operational unit costs incurred in the region.
- You will monitor and develop adherence to regulations outlined by local authorities and regulatory bodies and ensure strict compliance to IATA regulations.
- Thus you would be required to have an understanding of the IATA Cargo Handling, IATA Cargo Service Manual and DGR regulations.
- You will be in constant contact with Cargo HDQ for smooth coordination of cargo operations and ensure the on time performance and prevent delays by making all arrangements well ahead of time in order to avoid any problems.
- You will work to reduce handling costs through continuous renegotiation/reduction, implementing, establishing and monitoring standard operating procedures and service level agreements while ensuring discrepancies and non-conformances and minimised.
- You will implement, establish and monitor standard operating procedure (SOP) and Service Level Agreements (SLA) with the GHA to ensure smooth cargo operations and review them on a regular basis to check if the services offered by GHA is in line with QR expectations.
- You would liase with the Government/ Custom Authorities for obtaining permission, to comply with regulatory issues related to cargo operations.
- You will also ensure that each operations staff/GHA employees possess valid licenses to handle cargo(DG, LAR etc.)
- You must be a graduate with 5 to 8 years of airline experience or air freight industry from which a minimum of 2-3 years will be on supervisory level.
- You must have good operations knowledge in A300 and 777F aircraft.
- You must also have good knowledge of Cargo operations, Dangerous Goods regulations, Live Animal Regulations and Perishable cargo handling.
- Good command of written and spoken English is essential.
- You must also be a good communicator with a team oriented personality.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Highest Educational Certificate
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Qatar AirwaysSimilar Jobs
- Director, Sales and Marketing at an Indigenous Aviation Firm - Proten Intenational