Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need. We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world.Tdh in Nigeria will implement projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Reporting to the Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Coordinator and working in close collaboration with Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Program Managers, the Education in Emergencies Specialist will be responsible for the technical oversight of all education interventions within Tdh programme in Nigeria.
- He/she will ensure the quality implementation of education interventions according to INEE standards and endorsed guidelines. The post holder will be responsible for carrying out needs assessment, develop and implement Tdh Education in Emergency strategy that contributes to the country strategy’s overall objectives.
- The EiE Specialist will particularly ensure the technical support to all education projects implemented in an integrated manner with other program components.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Advocacy and Networking:
- Represent the organization in the Education Working Group and Interagency Coordination meetings,
- Liaise and develop strong coordination mechanisms with relevant Government line agencies, National/State School Administration, UN agencies and I/NGOs working in the field of Education.
- Identify and assess suitable Civil Society Organisations and Institutions for partnership development on Education response.
Assessment, Programme Design and Planning:
- Carry out assessment of education needs, develop and implement an Education in Emergency strategy in line with TdH Nigeria Country Strategy.
- Ensure the CP/EiE Coordinator, Head of Programs and CP/EiE Managers are informed on the assessment progress, reports findings and other significant developments in the education sector.
- In collaboration with technical team, design appropriate education interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and relevant to the project locations.
- Ensure that issues of gender, child protection, protection, Disaster Risk Reduction and conflict sensitivity are considered in the Education program design.
- Ensure core commitments to children are taken into consideration at all times.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Work closely with the M&E team on the design and development of appropriate monitoring, evaluation and learning mechanisms and tools dedicated to EiE interventions.
- Ensure early and rigorous implementation of quality assurance and accountability mechanisms in all the education Projects implementation.
- Contribute in documenting the response, experience and lessons learned on Education in Emergencies programming.
- Conduct regular assessments, analysis and advise on programme design and reorientation.
Capacity Building and technical support:
- In close collaboration with Capacity building team and Program teams, identify training needs, develop and roll out capacity building plan on EiE to Tdh Staff and partners to carry out quality programming.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for Tdh Nigeria staff and partners on Education in Emergencies
- Develop, adapt and contextualize technical tools and training material related to EiE interventions.
- Organize regular field visits to monitor implementation of EiE, identify opportunities and constraints and any adjustments needed and provide on-the-job support to education teams
- Contribute to strengthening the technical capacity of Civil Society Organisations and Institutions in line with the organisations policies and strategies.
- Work closely with other sectors on development of integrated and/or inter sectorial approaches.
- Comply with Tdh Security Regulations.
- Contribute to updating the security plan on his/her area(s) of intervention.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
- Language Skills: Fluent in written and spoken English. Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa and other languages spoken in the region preferred and a advantage.
- Education Degree: Bachelors Degree in relvant field (Political, Human Rights, Social Science). Masters degree in the relevant field preferred.
- Work experience: At least 4 years of technical experience in Education / Child Protecion required for candiadtes possesing Bachelors Degree in the relevant field. At least 2 years of technical experience in Education / Child Protecion required for candidates possesing Masters Degree in the relavent field.
- Knowledge & skills: Knowledge of Education in Emergencies programming. Knowledge on the North East Nigerian humanitarian situation, needs and its revancy to the Education Programming. INEE standards, Child Protecion Standards. Project Management Skills. Ability to make linkages with the Governement to strengthen the Education System.
- Computer skills: Good skills in MS Office applications. Ability to use data software and analysis is an advantage.
- Other: NA.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
- Applications will be processed on a rolling basis.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted for further steps of the recruitment.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.
Interested and qualified? Go to Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) career website on docs.google.com to apply