Balmoral Group is an established and expanding integrated agency working across the spectrum of live events, design, planning and execution. We handle a diverse portfolio, offering 360-degree solutions to a number of industries, encompassing Event Management & Promotions, Exhibitions and Marketing Communication.
Sales & Venue Manager will be responsible for supervising and managing a strategic business unit called branch. Will oversee financial reporting, hire and train staff (adhoc staff), grow branch’s revenue, reduce cost and head operations of the branch.
Branch Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively solicit new and renewal business opportunities by conducting effective sales calls, outside sales calls, presentations to current and potential clients, and conducting site inspections.
- Negotiate and close all Event sales.
- Achieve monthly / quarterly sales goals and yearly budget goals.
- Creates and manages weekly reporting schedule; adjusts reporting frequency depending on the event schedule.
- Aggressively seek new contacts and maintain working relationships with all civic and industry organizations,
- Responsible for e mail marketing, text marketing and telemarketing.
- Prospect for new contract business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, attending community functions, internet prospecting, supplier partnerships, trade journalism and conducting espionage etc.
- Develop, implement and constantly modify sales action plans to meet strategic sales goals.
- Negotiate and close contracts that meet the venue’s business plan objectives.
- Maintain and grow sales volume patterns, corporate promotional contacts, and event and booking representatives.
- Consults newspapers, trade journals, websites, social media sites and other publications to learn about contemplated convention social and meeting activity
- Manage event contracts including the timely issuance of contracts, estimates, event profiles, and post events summaries and reports.
- Communicate and advance all event information to appropriate staff and managers.
- Top notch customer service to client.
- Manages and supervises catering and conference service activities and client specifications to deliver smooth execution of executive meetings and events requiring space, food and beverage services.
- Manages correspondences with Head office, account, procurement, HR and internal control.
- Reviews, controls and approve function sheets at the branch level.
- Remain current of national trends in the industry and local market changes to best serve the facility. Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners for maximum facility usage and exposure. Represent the facility at trade shows and community events when required.
- Develop & submit weekly sales plan to Head, Sales & Marketing.
- Send sales call and report to Head, Sales & Marketing.
- Manages and distributes function and event changes to operating departments (event manager/facility manager) during function execution.
- Monitors client specifications and statement of work to promote smooth execution and client satisfaction.
- May be called on to host functions and participate in, or conduct sales blitzes, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
- Supervise social media pages of branch.
- Work in tandem with the Operations Team to ensure flawless execution for ALL events.
- Supervises and responsible for work of event manager and facility manager.
- Training of staff during weekly meetings.
- Provides accurate group revenue and expense forecasts according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for account, reconciliation and task/project completion process.
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
Experience level: The candidate must have been in a sales or marketing role for at least 5 years with interest in event management.
Salary = #250 - #350 per month with added allowances.
Method of Application
use the SUBJECT: SALES & VENUE MANAGER