The NSIA is set up to receive, manage and invest in a diversified portfolio of medium and long term revenue of the Federal Government, State Government, Federal Capital Territory, Local Government and Area Councils, in preparation for the eventual depletion of Nigeria's hydrocarbon resources, as well as the development of critical infrastructure in Nigeria that will attract and support foreign investment, economic diversification, growth and job creation.
Driven by a private sector philosophy in outlook and orientation, the NSIA adopts global best practices in its operational systems, processes and procedures, and values the competencies, talents and diversity of its employees. Amongst other strengths, the NSIA has assembled an exceptional team, with a broad diversity of educational and professional experiences, who share a common passion to achieve NSIA's statutory mandate.
As part of ongoing initiatives to strengthen its operations and enhance its capacity to achieve its mandate, the NSIA seeks to recruit exceptional, result-oriented and suitably qualified professionals to fill the following positions:
The position holder will be required to provide relevant support in the various human resource functions. He/She will work with the Head, HR to realize the current and future human capital development propositions of the Authority.
- Manages the Human Resources Information System in use and ensure the integrity of data
- Manage ana update HR portal.
- Oversee the administration of payroll
- Manage staff compensation and benefits, entitlements administration process
- Assist in Irrplementing policies in relation to the core HR areas
- Ensure all staff statutory payments are remitted to relevant regulatory bodies
- Manage staff records relating to leave, meoicals and general administration
- Assist in the Implementation of the Authority's performance management framework.
- First degree or equivalent in social sciences or any relevant field.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Human Resource Management software
- Good knowledge of Nigerian labour and employment legislation.
- ApVfciable understanding of NSIA's mandate.
- Ability to think holistically and appreciate the impact of various policies, practices and solutions on HR.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Human Resource Management practices and principles
- Strong negotiations skills and employee relations experience
- Excellent communications skills
go to method of application »
The position holder will assist in the internal audit functions of the NSIA in line with global best practices. He/She will work with the Head of Internal Audit in coordinating Authority-wide control and compliance.
- Carry out planned assignments in line with internal auditing standards and international best practice
- Assist in planning and performing financial, operational and compliance audits for all business units of the Authority
- Conduct pre-payment audit checks.
- Effectively track and manaqe the closure of all audit (Internal & External) issues
- Undertake investigations and report on findings as required
- Provide support. advice and guidance to the Authority regarding all areas of operations
- Innovative use of available resources to achieve set targets
- A good first degree (or its equivalent) in Accounting or any Finance-related discipline from a reputable institution.
- Professional qualification is desirable (ACIB, CIMA, CISA, CFA, ICAN, ACCA)
- A minimum of 3 years financial services audit experience
- Experience in a reputable audit firm is an advantage.
- Proven ability to demonstrate high level of professionalism. integrity and ethical values
- Attention to details with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong people skills and ability to manage people
- Excellent report writing and oral communication skills
- Resilience and Tenacity
- Good knowledge of
- Internal audit methodologies
- Risk management methodologies
- Corporate governance procedures
- Accounting standards
- Auditing guidelines
- Process engineering
go to method of application »
The position holder will be in charge of providing accounting support to the finance function by ensuring accuracy, completeness and integrity of financial data.
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger
- accounts and ensure correctness in booking transactions and coding
- Manage the Authority's fixed asset schedule in line with applicable standards
- Support monthly management account, statements of comprehensive income and financial position preparation
- Prepare monthly accruals, prepayments and depreciation calculation
- Assist in yearly budget preparation
- Support the year end audit analysis; preparation of financial statement and quarterly review process
- Processing of all transactions (payables, receivables etc.), and maintain a complete and accurate
- record of all accounting transactions
- Execution of treasury activities including bank accounts management, bank reconciliations,
- funds receipts. disbursements etc.
- Remittance of all statutory deductions to the relevant bodies (pension, withholding tax payment, PAYE etc.) .
- A good first degree in Accounting, Finance or related courses and a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is required
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant experience.
- Good understanding of accounting principles.
- Sound knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting software
- Good financial and accounting knowledge, including good appreciation of International Financial
- Reporting Standards (IFRS). . .
- Appreciable understanding of NSIA's mandate.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and high level of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and function effectively under pressure.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and CV to the email address attached to individual job position:
- Officer - Human Resources >>> firstname.lastname@example.org
- Officer - Internal Audit >>> email@example.com
- Officer - Financial Control >>> firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Thurasday, July 22nd, 2014. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.