Database Administrator at Insiteful Solutions
Posted on: 18 September, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Insiteful Solutions and Consult Nigeria Limited
Our client is looking to recruit a Database Administrator to join its team.
Reports to: CEO/MD or Director of Projects
- The successful candidate will be responsible for Database Administration and Programming; Report Generation and Design; Database Design and Modelling and Generation of Report Queries
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Install and test new versions of the database management system (DBMS)
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Educational Qualifications
- A Degree in the Sciences with a minimum of 2 years-experience in a similar role
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to balance multiple projects, and collaborate across disciplines in a cross-functional atmosphere
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), Unix and DBMS.
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Good organizational skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Willingness to keep up to date with developments in new technology
- Commitment to Continuous Professional development (CPD)
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act.
Behavioral Qualities/Other Competencies:
- Attention to Detail
- Goal, quality and excellence orientation
- If you have Proven work experience as a Database Administrator, Excellent analytical and time management skills as well as a B.Sc. in a relevant field, then this job is for you!
Method of Application
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received a response by 2nd October 2019, please consider yourself as not having been shortlisted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as Insiteful Solutions strongly upholds a policy of non-discrimination against any person regardless of race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender or disability.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Insiteful Solutions and Consult Nigeria LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Officer at Eduwalt Concierge Limited (EWC)
- HR Business Development Manager at Westfield Consulting Limited
- Therapist (Psychology Graduate) at Sunrose Consulting Limited
- Bike and Field Sales Representatives at First Excelsia Professional Services Limited
- Accountant/Internal Auditor at OutsideIn HR Limited
- Software Engineer (Java Spring Boot) at Biosec Solutions
- Senior CRM Specialist at Platinum Careers
- Hr Recuiter at Ascentech Services Limited