PPC Limited - With over 20 years track record of delivering turnkey engineering solutions across 5 business sectors - Telecommunications, Energy, Health, Transport and Building Management Systems, PPC (formerly Philips Projects Centre) is a Systems Engineering and Integration Company whose activities are primarily geared towards providing specialized integrated solutions. PPC started business in 1991 as Philips Projects Centre, an affiliate of Philips Electronics N.V. of the Netherlands.
We are looking to hire a Business Development Manager who would be responsible for the planning and execution of mid & long-term channel strategy for the ICT Unit within the assigned territory. The BDM is expected to act as the CEO of the territory taking entrepreneurial initiatives in delivering superior value to customers and for the organization.
The Business Development Manager locates and proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners/ accounts; discovering and exploring opportunities and developing leads to order intake and sales while ensuring optimal coverage of territory as well sustainable and profitable growth for PPC Limited.
Other key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
Sales to Allocated Territory:
- Responsible for total sales results (of all Lines of Business) and (Customer Services) of PPC ICT products and solutions/services within the assigned territory.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective growth strategies that would profitably increase the volume and value of product lines being sold and services being offered by the ICT division and other inter Business unit offerings where applicable within the territory of coverage.
- Maintain a healthy funnel of opportunities to be closed monthly
- Own the forecast process including funnel maintenance of the channel in the assigned territory
- Participate and drive the yearly performance review, target setting, sales plan preparation and timely contract renewal with each Key Account within the Assigned territory
- Identify new business, channel opportunities and customer needs in the region to ensure growth
Partnership Relationship Management:
- Build, manage, and leverage relationships with partners.
- Liaise with all PPC partners (OEMs) for technical and commercial information, pricing and training on all new products. Ensure optimal use of the OEMs channel partner available tools.
- Responsible for Product positioning, territory/account management and Product speciality
- Explore, Develop and Maintain strategic relationship with key accounts within the territory under the guidance of the Head of the ICT or Territory/Regional Manager
- Negotiate with potential Accounts/Customers, Channel Partners special deals, pricing, timing, service compensation in line with PPC policy with Guidance by the General manager
- Maintain a healthy database of accounts and ensure optimal relationship management of such accounts within the territory
- Provide input for the region and national business planning exercise: market trends, competitor behaviour, potential projects and other relevant business information
- Develop and maintain up to date market intelligence on available/potential opportunities, competition, threats within assigned territory and report same promptly.
- Deploy strategies and tactical plans for the Direct and Indirect sales channel based on customer needs synchronized with the PPC Medicals Strategic Plan
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering preferably in Electrical Electronics, Computer and other ICT related University Degree
- Masters in Marketing or Sales related discipline is an added advantage
- 7 years of working experience in Business Development in Telecommunications/ICT sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below