FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Locations: Boki and Etung LGAs, Cross River
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The ATO - Pharmacy will prepare medications by reviewing and interpreting physician orders, and dispensing medications by compounding, packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team of international and national staff to provide high quality patient care to an extremely vulnerable population.
- Carrying out inspection duties as provided for under the Poisons and Pharmacist’s Act, the Dangerous Drug Act and the Food and Drug Decree and other operational legislations
- Dispensing prescribed medications to in-and-outpatients whilst providing accurate medication advice.
- Maintaining stores and keeping relevant store records.
- Preparing extemporaneous medicaments such as mixtures, lotions, ointments, syrups, etc.
- Provides technical information and advice to other health professionals.
- Ensuring proper storage and issuance of all drugs over the duration of the project.
- Participating in routine quality control audits of all drugs in stock.
- Adheres to the relevant Code of conduct and ethics
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Ensures adequate infection prevention and control standards are maintained at all times.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Pharm or relevant field with 1- to 3 years post national youth service experience managing a PSM cycle, including rational health commodities selection, forecasting /quantification, quality assurance spanning the PSM cycle, warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS.
- Must have a practicing license Experience working with a humanitarian organization Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of inventory control systems. Experience must include managing health commodity logistics information systems, including forecasting/quantification of medical Commodities.
- Knowledge of the key principles and approaches to health systems strengthening.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding integrated health programs.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa communications, including presentation and training skills. Well-developed computer skills.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Interested and qualified? Go to fhi 360 career website on fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply