Global Profilers is a Recruitment and HR Services firm that specializes in Recruitment in Africa; We have an Electrical Design Engineer opening to fill for our Client who is an International Facility Management Company
The Electrical Design Engineer will work in a team environment and interface with other discipline engineers also overseeing the living quarter’s detailed design and construction and must be Proficient in software i.e. AutoCAD, CADWORX professional and PDMS. The engineer will be responsible for preparing specifications and data sheets for electrical equipment for offshore platforms and prepare interface wiring diagrams between generators and switchgear. The electrical engineer will also interpret relay tripping circuitry and size transformers, breakers, motor protectors, overload relays, cables, electrical rooms
· Be responsible for discipline activities and deliverable;
· Allocate the design activities to the discipline engineer;
· Coordinate with project management team and other discipline leaders for information exchange;
· Review weekly and monthly progress discipline reports;
· Report to the Project Manager.
· Attend to HAZOP meeting as needed.
· Assist the company to complete electrical engineering procedures and training on job company’s engineer for these procedures;
· Perform/Check the Detailed Design and Engineering of the Hazardous area classification / Power supply / Lighting / Grounding / Lightning systems associated with the Pipeline and Facilities (LFS, GDSs, GDC, LBVs); These Work include Specifications, Analysis, Calculation, Study, Layout, Single Line Diagram, Wiring Diagram, Datasheet, MTO, Procedure ...
· Be familiar to the ETAP software and training on Job Company’s Engineers.
· Supervise and coordinate electrical engineering team performing electrical engineering and design work
· Technical execution of the engineering to properly size, specify, purchase and install a complete and operating electrical system that meets the Client requirements.
· Create and manage electrical scope work for projects
· Sizing of overall electrical system
· Specification, selection and purchase of all Electrical equipment to meet the performance criteria
· Integrate packaged equipment into overall system design
· Oversee development of detailed design drawings including One-lines, Plans, Details, Wiring diagrams and Fabrication Drawings
· Coordinate electrical work with other engineering disciplines
· Develop labor and material estimates for projects
· Prepare electrical equipment requisitions with technical bid evaluation and procurement recommendation.
· Coordinate with project discipline and lead engineers to ensure correct implementation of the design for his engineering specialty and coordinate the work of engineers within his specialty.
· Prepare and review engineering studies, design drawings and documents, and material and equipment specifications.
Qualification and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Recognized international professional Association membership is preferable; 5 - 10 years experience in Offshore Electrical Engineering and Design is highly preferred
· Experience in the oil / gas, offshore industry and is recognized as specialist in electrical engineering field on large to mega offshore projects.
· Engineering and construction in oil and gas industry: minimum 5 years experience;
· Detailed Engineering Design: minimum 7 years experience;
· At least 3 similar projects experience or 5 years in a relevant position;
· Being familiar to international codes and standards, such as ANSI, ASME, API, BS, NFPA, DNV, etc;
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.