Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
- Acquisition and managing of ME customer relationships through pro-active and consultative approach and detailed understanding of existing customers’ businesses to enhance liabilities and revenues. The holder is to be the link between strategic and tactical / operational roles in the business.
- Acquisition of profitable new customers for ME banking business through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships that includes effective consultative selling and creative restructuring of financial solutions (within segmentation boundaries).
- Achieve budgeted growth in ME Banking within agreed and approved business risk parameters.
- Deepen and secure existing and new business relationships through the analysis of needs and provision of products and services.
- Creatively tailor products to meet individual and customer needs.
- Analyses and reviews quality of potentials and existing business to ensure maximum profitability.
- Manages credit quality standards through effective management of risk according to the PDDs, Departmental Operating Instructions (DOI) and other SCB/SME policies.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and attempted customer interactions.
- Conduct customer meetings that have defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
- Work in close partnership with Business Analysts and Credit Managers to ensure that credit applications for new and existing facilities are correctly prepared in accordance with DOI’s and PDD’s.
- After considering of individual case merits, recommend credits for approval by relevant authorities.
- Liaise and provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the provision of products and services to customers.
- Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
- Responsible for delivering a service to customers that matches the Bank’s brand promise of being “the Right Partner’.
- Market Intelligence.
In conducting this role, valuable feedback will be obtained from:-
- Your key customers on why they are multi-banked and why they are willing to move their entire business to SCB.
- Sales leads arising from referrals from key customers and review of key customers larger transactions as to why they are not willing to open accounts with us.
- Your key customers on what they think of our products and services.
- Following up sales leads given to you.
- Review of large transactions movements on why and where the money is going.
- Data obtained on new accounts and why they are opening accounts with us and who their previous bankers are.
- Other tasks as assigned by GM/Top Team SME Banking.
Click here to apply